Sign in to follow this  
Wulfur

Stop Forum polling

In game polling.

As it is very apparent that the forums , polls are not being used by the majority of wurm players why not Stop game changing implantation's from taken place as a result of these forum polls.   Seems that the 1-2% of the population even vote on these polls.  

It would take away the power of the forum warriors and give the real voice to the player base.   Not the 1-2%

Bring us in game polling  

Edited by Wulfur
  • Like 3

In game polling.

As it is very apparent that the forums , polls are not being used by the majority of wurm players why not Stop game changing implantation's from taken place as a result of these forum polls.   Seems that the 1-2% of the population even vote on these polls.  

It would take away the power of the forum warriors and give the real voice to the player base.   Not the 1-2%

Bring us in game polling  

Truth.  +1

• Like 1

Wurm is one of the few games that I have become a regular on the forums as well, at least when I'm playing. I've also learned from many other games, that a big part of the playerbase either don't know there's an active forum (the website doesn't really hit you in the face with it), or they're just not forum warriors like us, or at least not in every game...

So yes, this is absolutely true. If a decision should be made "by the players", I'm afraid the forums is not the place to poll for it, it is instead somehwere everybody actively and inevitably uses and that is the game client. If any poll is made, it should be made in-game.

Edited by Ulviirala

Better poll would have been to ask should forum polling be moved to in-game polling ....

yet another stupid meaningless poll  :) 

Let me clarify by saying that I do enjoy forum polls and don't think the option to create them should be removed, however the in-game poll feature should be bolstered and used much more often than it is.  It's a very unique and useful feature that isn't being implemented by the Devs to its full potential.

Edited by Slickshot
  • Like 1

Polling is a tool meant to make the poster feel as if they have a voice, even when we're all mute, deaf and dumb.

Polling is a tool meant to make the poster feel as if they have a voice, even when we're all mute, deaf and dumb.

I wouldn't say it exists to make a person feel heard, and the reason for that being that most of the polls on here are voted on anonymously without name tracking.  If you specifically wanted your voice to be heard, you'd speak up and sign your name to it.  No I think polls are designed, in essence, to do exactly what they do, and that is to give the community an opportunity show encouragement/disdain or growth/decline together as a whole.  Polls in general are very insightful, but not all polls produce insight.  Some polls are constructive, and some are destructive. 

I wouldn't say it exists to make a person feel heard, and the reason for that being that most of the polls on here are voted on anonymously without name tracking.  If you specifically wanted your voice to be heard, you'd speak up and sign your name to it.  No I think polls are designed, in essence, to do exactly what they do, and that is to give the community an opportunity show encouragement/disdain or growth/decline together as a whole.  Polls in general are very insightful, but not all polls produce insight.  Some polls are constructive, and some are destructive. 

Sometimes it's better to keep your voice anonymous, lest someone run to the moderators in an attempt to control the message.

Sometimes it's better to keep your voice anonymous, lest someone run to the moderators in an attempt to control the message.

This doesn't change what I said the polls are used for.