Sign in to follow this  
Salbian

Horrible FPS for the last week or so

Up until about a week ago I was running between 30-40 FPS, now I am running under 10 FPS.  Nothing has changed on my system, it is not crashing.

Below is my basic system information.  I am running the most recent 64 bit java version.  If you need more information please let me know and how to get it :-).

VE8QwTa.jpg

I have done all the tweaks in this thread: http://forum.wurmonline.com/index.php?/topic/93203-very-poor-performancefpslag-spikes/

Thanks in advance for any help.

Have you moved into a place that has been built up recently? Some areas have a lot more items to render than others. I recommend making sure your GLSL shaders have been disabled as this helps me get good fps in really highly dense areas.

Nope, I haven't moved at all, still at the same deed I have been at for quite awhile now. GLSL is disabled. Good thoughts though, thanks for your input.

Just a little more information, if I ping the Wurm server (194.68.222.116) I am getting around 150-165ms.  Some of my other alliance members are all under 35ms.  Would this have anything to do with low FPS?

Ping will only affect sending and receiving information between your computer (the client) to the Wurm servers and depends only on your internet connection. FPS is affected by your computer on the client side so ping should not affect your FPS. Personally, I have not noticed any drops in performance on both my laptop and my pc, so I doubt it is something to do with the game itself.

I am experiencing the same, thought I was alone.

I pretty much spend all my time on the settlement, we didn't add much apart from a few lamps (out of view, culling?)

Before, the performance was horrible, on my high spec system, now it's down and up unreliably too.

It definitely feels like something changed. I don't enjoy the default "disable glsl" for all problems, as it firstly does a lot of harm to cosmetics in terms of the shaders, and secondly, in my case, it makes things worse.

I am experiencing the same, thought I was alone.

I pretty much spend all my time on the settlement, we didn't add much apart from a few lamps (out of view, culling?)

Before, the performance was horrible, on my high spec system, now it's down and up unreliably too.

It definitely feels like something changed. I don't enjoy the default "disable glsl" for all problems, as it firstly does a lot of harm to cosmetics in terms of the shaders, and secondly, in my case, it makes things worse.

Yup, same with me, I even tried on another laptop I have here and I am seeing the same crappy FPS on both laptops.  Not clue what is going on but I hope it gets resolved.

Looks like I have fixed my issue.  I have an ATI graphics card so it has the Catalyst Control Panel installed.  All I did was change the Power Play settings to Maximize Performance when plugged in.  As soon as I hit the apply button my FPS shot up to 50+ fps in Wurm.  Below is a screenshot, hope it helps someone.

bxuHi04.jpg