Sign in to follow this  
Boj

Exorcism poll

What is your position on the Exorcism skill?  

33 members have voted

1. 1. What is your position on the Exorcism skill?

• Buff
    • Leave as is

I've been wondering for a long time...

What does everyone think of the exorcism skill. I was thinking that maybe it could be buffed slightly to make the punishment for failure more manageable.

I've never had any issues from failing - destroyed about 2 altars in my time, failed about 8 attempts, usually nothing worse than a light wound...

I think i tried about 50 times to exorcise an altar of Fo before i simply gave up. I was follower of Vyn at the time, altar was off-deed and on Freedom if that got anything to say. I do suspect the bashing bonus applies to exorcism on deed.

Failing does seem a bit harsh, but hey you are defiling a god what did ya expect?

I've tried a few and succeeded only 3 times, the last attempt Fo nearly killed me..Im a Mag follower on freedom, the altar was off deed.

Accidentally I defiled Libila altar... As a priest of Libila...

You spit on the altar of Libila.

You start hitting the altar of Libila with your gold Statuette of Libila.

You call out to Libila for strength.

Lol

When I had my "Chumpy" account, I had gotten exorcism up to 30 before I champed.

The wounds are not overpowered, IMO. you are desecrating an altar of a god, so what do you expect. typically, if i remember right, the higher QL altars inflict worse wounds, and as your skill goes up, it isn't quite as bad (or perhaps soul str? dunno)

at any rate, my only complaint about the skill is there is no way to train it without venturing into enemy territory and hoping they have altars out in the open or having an alt build altars. Then again, that was the nice thing about being skilled at it.... nobody else was. ;)