Sign in to follow this  
Battlepaw

Lottery for Allowing Free Players on Wild

There are several major problems with allowing universal access to Wild by non-prem players, but I don't necessarily think that it should be completely prevented.  I do however think it should be restricted. 

The problems we have on wild with spy alts would only get worse, as will the greifing with completely unrestricted acess.  However a Lottery system done as a forum/server event on freedom allowing a selection of players to come onto wild and enjoy the server would be nice for getting more people to prem up on wild and introduce them to the PvP aspect. 

1.  PvP should NOT be restricted for those that come, they should have the same risks and ability to defend themselves as any other.  If you think you can't survive with only 20fs or actually do anything you are wrong.  Even the lowest player can get involved in the server, perhaps not directly survive PvP encounters with most fighters, but they can watch and help in any case.  I was on my first raid at 8FS, I didn't do much other than help mine and make bricks, but i still enjoyed myself thoroughly, (even if I did get bushwacked by Posteh while getting lost sailing back)  and there is alot to be done during any such event. 

2.  A list of all winners is to be published.  I'm not sure how the best way to run the actual lottery system, either through monthly purchase of a "Lottery" ticket for about 20 copper or so at a special NPC or through a server event in-game and if you get the winning ballet you get a PM on the forums or are contacted in-game.  When you get the contact you are allowed to pick a kingdom on your own. 

3.  Perhaps set the amount of players per month to be around 5-10 players per month, and if not done by game mechanics, through an NPC only open to players who apply by PM or on a forum thread. 

This will make it so there is a way for free players to experience wild, and more than likely the interested players that are driven to apply of the lottery will be likely to prem anyways once they experience wild and its virtues.  In the future this may even be able to be applied to Epic, if it becomes successful on Wild. 

premium costs 10 silver. earn it or ask for sponsorship if you want to see the wild

premium costs 10 silver. earn it or ask for sponsorship if you want to see the wild

naw, I quite like seeing max 100 people on wild, means no one is walking through my fields!  Start getting 2, 3, 400 people on wild (like will happen if free people could get on)  my potatoes will never grow.