Sign in to follow this  
Corrax

[FIXED] Client fails to start Windows 7?

Hi!

I get this error when trying to start client (tested both stable and unstable). Usually takes 5-15 times to try before it launches to main window. I have nvidia graphics / Windows 7 64bit / Java 6 update 21 / All drivers are updated last week. When game finally starts it works just fine, no crashes.

http://img265.imageshack.us/img265/3746/bugwf.png

bugwf.png

Yes, you have two options.

1: Uninstall Comodo firewall and rely on the Operating system firewall.

2: Disable Comodo while playing Wurm.

There may be a way to open the Comodo firewall to wurm but this would require some knowledge of why Comodo is causing the problem.

I'd like to point out that this is usually the best solution. If you're behind a router you're just as secure (practically) as any software firewall will make you.

I'd like to point out that this is usually the best solution. If you're behind a router you're just as secure (practically) as any software firewall will make you.

as a whitehat hacker i loled at this xD

lan spreading-easy (virus 1 pc connected to a router, run a basic worm on the slave that supports lan spreading and bam all the servers are infected with a virus)

telnet through a router to remote upload a virus to a system-easy

a router isnt a firewall, its a gateway and you should use a firewall to protect ur gateway (unless you know how to do it youself) routers have no protection at all, a firewall can monitor your router and report suspicious stuff, your router wont

as a whitehat hacker i loled at this xD

lan spreading-easy (virus 1 pc connected to a router, run a basic worm on the slave that supports lan spreading and bam all the servers are infected with a virus)

telnet through a router to remote upload a virus to a system-easy

a router isnt a firewall, its a gateway and you should use a firewall to protect ur gateway (unless you know how to do it youself) routers have no protection at all, a firewall can monitor your router and report suspicious stuff, your router wont

If you manage to get a virus onto a pc on a network that allows remote control a software firewall wouldn't matter anyway since you could just disable it remotely or program your package to create rules around it before attempting connections. I doubt you are any sort of 'hacker' otheriwse you would know this and you would also know that a NAT router is a significant wall to get through when you have no initial access to the network. Mainly because you have no idea the layout behind the NAT is set up. Most routers have basic (packet inspection) firewalls set up already and in any case a software firewall run on a pc on the LAN would have no effect on the router in the first place making your entire point moot.

This problem was fixed with new client version (2.7.5e)

Thanks!

-Corrax

*concerned*

@terrorist

My router ignores any unsolicited traffic on any port, I don't have any ports open since I don't run any internet services behind my router.

~# telnet 192.168.0.1

Trying 192.168.0.1...

telnet: Unable to connect to remote host: Connection refused

^ telnet is disabled

Am I reasonably safe from hackers?

These are just the default settings that were on my router so idk :)

Should I set up a linux box for the router to send its logs to so I can look over them from time to time?