Sign in to follow this  
Guest Evarn

Looking for peers in-game

Hey everyone!  I'm a returning player from over a year ago, and I am looking for players who fit in my peer group.

I'm looking for other players in their 30s with a regular job, married with children, and who fit gaming into their current schedules and obligations.

I have one character on the Golden Valley server, but I also have a time-expired character on the Wild server who has the ability to construct his own house, dig mines, and generally has the base skills above 20. 

I'm willing to move that character off the Wild server and onto the Home server if needed, or I will continue to build on this new character on Golden Valley and move him to an appropriate server.

Please know this isn't a derogatory post about any other groups of people playing this game.  I'm just looking for those in my group.  :)

After reading another thread in this forum, I have decided to get used to the interface again while playing on GV and then go Premium on Freedom.  I'll find people to join with once I get over there.

Thanks to those who read this thread!

Hi Evarn and welcome back.

Not sure how much you've caught up on, but the only servers in existance now are Golden Valley (free to play skill capped server) or the two premium servers, Wild (PvP) and Freedom (PvE).

Rather than have to build up those skills again (I don't know how well you'd developed them and thus how long it would take to get them back up) you can re-prem your old account and then portal across to the Freedom server for the cost of 10 silver. Unfortunately you can only take no-drop items with you. However, as a player with some skills and experience of wurm already, I'm sure you could easily find a village to take you in who would kit you out. This may be a cheaper option than starting a new account and spending a few months catching up with your skills again - depending on what you want to be doing.

Hi Evarn and welcome back.

Not sure how much you've caught up on, but the only servers in existance now are Golden Valley (free to play skill capped server) or the two premium servers, Wild (PvP) and Freedom (PvE).

Rather than have to build up those skills again (I don't know how well you'd developed them and thus how long it would take to get them back up) you can re-prem your old account and then portal across to the Freedom server for the cost of 10 silver. Unfortunately you can only take no-drop items with you. However, as a player with some skills and experience of wurm already, I'm sure you could easily find a village to take you in who would kit you out. This may be a cheaper option than starting a new account and spending a few months catching up with your skills again - depending on what you want to be doing.

Essentially, buying 10 silver in the shop costs the same as 2 months of premium which is why I sugested what I did above, but you can get skills up on Golden valley (although you lose out a bit on characteristics if you stay too long - less important on Freedom though) for free before heading over.

Am I correct in saying when you start on a premium server, all skills are put at 19.5 ?

Essentially, buying 10 silver in the shop costs the same as 2 months of premium which is why I sugested what I did above, but you can get skills up on Golden valley (although you lose out a bit on characteristics if you stay too long - less important on Freedom though) for free before heading over.

Am I correct in saying when you start on a premium server, all skills are put at 19.5 ?

No, you take the skills you get on Golden Valley with you to premium. All of the body stats (Body Control, Body Strength, Mind Logic etc.) start on 19.5 (although Body, Mind and Soul don't). Everything else on 1. You can carry anything in your inventory from Golden Valley to either premium server.

My thought was pay for 2 months of game time and 10 silver (20 Euros in total) and portal straight over to Freedom with the 10 Silver. Effectively the 10 Silver costs the same as 2 months of playing time. Alternatively you could just play on Wild :D

Anyway, your plan of taking a new character is probably best.

Welcome back. Hope to see you on the freedom server soon.