Sign in to follow this  
Hordern

Crop animations

Lovin' most of the new textures, but I was just wondering why crops blowing in the wind hinge at the top rather than the bottom. Is this easily correctable? It took me a short while for me to realise what felt wrong as I was farming today :D

I'm not quite sure what you mean here. The root of the crops is unmoving, and the top sways. Isn't that how it's supposed to be?

OK, I'd just replanted all my fields. It turns out that fully grown, ripe crops are fine, but younger crops are static at the top, and the bottom swings like a pendulum.

Edit: After closer inspection, all crops pivot from the same point, roughly half the height of full grown crops, which is the top of short crops, and near the top of middling crops.

Sounds like you're using an outdated client, the sway mode you describe was changed quite a while ago.

OK, I thought it was something to do with the new graphics that have just been released on stable. Not sure how to manualy check my client release (unless it's the 2.6.8 that appears at the top), but what you're saying suggests this is no longer the forum for this thread :)

Cheers