Sign in to follow this  
MrCak

Beverages Guide [WIP]

Introduction/disclaimer

This is an information dump of all the knowledge, myths, tips and tricks I have gained from the community in the last several months. This will contain (commonly known and simple) recipes and other spoilers so if you prefer to do your own explorations and science then this thread will not be for you. Anybody with info to add or questions to ask or expands the community knowledge in any way is welcome to contribute. That being said I am going to avoid going over any information available on the wiki or in game because this will be long enough as it is.

Why Beverages?

Caffeine

There is a lot of debate about caffeine and whether it is worth the sleep bonus cost or not, it is this authors opinion that if you have limited time to play and find yourself maintaining nearly full sleep bonus in between play sessions then caffeine is most definitely for you. There is debate in the efficiency of caffeine in other use cases, personally I utilize it every day for the free sleep bonus and because I like numbers go vroom.

Affinities

I can hear you now, but mister affinity pizza can feed you on top of the bonus. This is true but most of us maintain full nutrients *ahem* and the max timers on drinks, the ability to take sips and stack affinities easily, mixed with the lack of decay makes beverages an optimal choice for the discerning affinity seeker.

Edited by MrCak

How Beverages?

The following are just some methods that have been shared with my by the community it is by no means exhaustive feel free to share addition methods or information in this threat.

Tea

Tea is a very common way to train beverages and it has the advantage of being a liquid which means very easily disposed of and very easy to gain the materials needed. If you use tea leaves you can add a roasting step.

Your work station (Singular, you will want to scale this)

-An oven filled with pottery bowls

-An water source within reach

Your tools

-A measuring cup filled with 6 garlic

-A knife for chopping herbs

Your materials

Tea will consist of two parts, an herb and water. Nearly any herb can be used for tea not just tea from tea seeds.

Chop the herbs so you have each herb as 0.05

Your process

First an panfilling trick to make things a bit easier for us. Go to settings, user interface, make sure shift drag in gui is checked, and set shift drag amount to 1. This will enable us to drag the whole stack into bowls without ACTUALLY moving our whole stack into the bowl optimizing your drag distances.

1. Open your oven and inventory, hold [Shift]+[Enter] and drag your stack of chopped herbs into your bowls. 0.05 herb per bowl
  2. Fill your measuring cup (Don't forget to add the garlic) with water so each dose is 0.34 and add to each bowl with the herbs
  3. Check your lore to make sure your ratios are right.
  4. Drink your caffeine, drink your affinity moonshine, turn on your sleep bonus, light your ovens, get your tea/skill ticks, empty your bowls (PAY CAREFUL ATTENTION ON THIS STEP. I SAID BOWLS WITH NO "E")

Coffee

Coffee can be wasteful but simple 1 step or a multi-step process. Personally I find this the least efficient method but it is the middle ground between tea and the last training option of this guide.

Your work station

-An oven filled with roasting dishes

-An oven/campfire for making your desired coffee product (optional)

Your tools

-None

-Measurement and container for making your desired coffee product (optional)

Your materials

-Coffee beans

-Water (optional)

Your process

First an panfilling trick to make things a bit easier for us. Go to settings, user interface, make sure shift drag in gui is checked, and set shift drag amount to 1. This will enable us to drag the whole stack into bowls without ACTUALLY moving our whole stack into the bowl optimizing your drag distances.

1. Drag coffee into roasting dishes, one per dish
  2. Drink your caffeine, drink your affinity moonshine, turn on your sleep bonus, light your ovens, get your skill ticks, then spill the beans (out of your roasting dishes)

The Willy Wonka Method

This is my favorite and the waste not want not method, this method will required higher beverage skills and higher quality tools at low levels. It is not required, but I highly suggest creating your own oompa loompa chant and practicing your oompa loompa teabagging squat dance as you will be utilizing these two together while you wait for your skill ticks.

Your work station

-Oven filled with roasting dishes

-Oven with cauldrons/bowls

Your tools

-Fruit Press

Your materials

-Cocoa Beans

-Spice?

Your process

1. Drag your Cocoa beans into your roasting dishes, one per dish
  2. Drink your caffeine, drink your affinity moonshine, turn on your sleep bonus, light your ovens, begin your chant here, get your skill ticks, begin the dance here
  3. Take your roasted bean, and use the fruit press on them to get Cocoa paste, intensify your dancing here but listen to your body and know your limits. Chanting should intensify.
  4. Put paste in your second oven in one of the containers, Drink your caffeine, drink your affinity moonshine, turn on your sleep bonus, light your ovens, get your skill ticks. Chanting should be reaching a fever pitch.
  5. At lower levels use a fruit press on your chocolate liquor you made on the last step and enjoy your near useless cocoa butter.
  6. At higher levels (90+ diff) leave that liquor in the oven and get Xocolatl

Rest now champion, you deserve it. Added benefit: Look at those quads and glutes!

Edited by MrCak
  • Like 1
  • Cat 1