Sign in to follow this  
TypicalChaos

No alignment gains, as a Lib priest, while giving sermons

# What happened :
I've noticed over the past couple days that I have not been receiving any alignment gains at all from any of the sermons I've done or listened to with my Libila priest. I did 5 sermons on Friday, June 23 and 4 sermons as of this post on Sunday, June 25. I've gone through both of my skill logs from May and June and the only alignment gain's I have are 1 or less; and none of them are from a sermon. I have confirmed twice that all of the conditions are being met to get these gains, and even those two times where I specifically tested it (to specify, I did absolutely nothing for an entire hour each time), I've gotten nothing from them. I've spoken to a member of CA at length on this, as well as another member of the community that is very present in CA Help and knowledgeable about the issue, and both of them agree with my conclusion that my character is bugged with alignment gains from sermons. 

My settings are as follows:
Hide Favor Updates - False

Skill Tab Updates - Always

After a minimum of 9 sermons, each supposing to have granted -4 alignment each (for a total of 36 alignment), plus the monsters I have killed, instead I have only -10 alignment.

# What you expected to happen:  As is my understanding, from the wiki and those that I have asked and discussed the matter with, a Priest that gives a sermon is supposed to receive +/- 4 Alignment after the completion of their sermon. As a Libila Priest, I am supposed to receive -4 alignment, and have not. I expected to receive -4 alignment for each sermon given, with all conditions for the "gain" having been confirmed to have been met.

# Steps to reproduce:

I wish I knew. This has been a bug I've had apparently since I became a priest, but have just noticed it as of today. I had originally thought that maybe I hadn't met the conditions right. But again, I've confirmed I did meet them on atleast the last 2 sermons with still no alignment gain.

Final Note: 

I have "Notify me of replies" enabled and will respond to any and all inquiries regarding this, so please let me know if more information is needed.

Some questions that may help solve this -

When performing a sermon how many valid listeners were there and how many were Libila followers/priests ?

Did you get a prayer reset when performing a sermon with enough valid listeners ?

Apologies. I forgot to include this information in my post:

Valid listeners: between 6 to 12 at all times. (Fridays sermon group had as many as nearly 20 valid listeners. All standing, having done nothing within the prior 30 minutes of the sermon starting.)
Number of Lib Followers: 1
Number of Lib Priests: 1 (not including my character giving the sermon)

Player did get alignment reset each and every time sermon was performed.

I will also add that the Lib follower present in the group is my own alt. She has received alignment gains, currently sitting at -28 Alignment while my priest is at -11 alignment. My priest is my very first character I made.

Edited by TypicalChaos
Updated info

To add to this - the Libila priest in attendance is at 100 faith/favor and has done nothing but be a listener - but is gaining alignment enough to gain from 92 or so up to 100 - overcoming the decay and then some.

Typicalchaos is also a listener during the other parts of the sermon circle - but does not seem to be gaining as a listener or preacher as I understand it.

Correct. My Priest isn't gaining from being a listener or a preacher. Though my alt follower, I just checked the logs from yesterday,  gained -12 alignment from just being a listener to 3 different sermons.

Looking at wurmpedia being a listener to a sermon would only affect your alignment if it would move your alignment in the same direction as your deities alignment. Since the other Libila priest in attendance did not perform any sermons I don't expect that being a listener of White Light sermons would affect alignment at all.

However performing a sermon as a Libila priest should give the -4 alignment as you expected. I'm not sure why that isn't happening.

One thing you can try is wait 30 minutes after an alignment change then kill a hostile creature and see if alignment changes at all.

I have checked logs for this. I've gained alignment for everything that I'm supposed to gain alignment for with the only exception being sermons.

These two screenshots here are from my priest right after a sermon. No alignment gain.

This screenshot is from my Lib follower as a listener. She gained -4 alignment. My priest hasn't gained anything for 2 entire days of sermons. My Follower is now at -32 alignment. My priest is still at -11 alignment.

Just listened to a sermon with same group of 14 valid listeners. Got the alignment gain and timer reset on my Follower. Only got the alignment timer reset with no gain on my Priest.

Just killed a troll after alignment timer hit 0. Gained 1 alignment

Edited by TypicalChaos
correction

So, interesting fact: Last night my sermon group was visited by a gm. At the end of this visit, I was turned into a dragon by the gm. Did a sermon while I was a dragon, and gained alignment. The change ended and I became normal person again. The rest of the night, no alignment gains. Today I had the idea to try it again: a gm changed me to a dragon again. Did a sermon and gained alliance.

Sorry I can't explain why performing sermons isn't giving you alignment gains, and being in dragon form and gaining alignment is more mysterious.

I understand that. I'm just hoping that it can be fixed. And if not, maybe my stats and inventory transferred to another toon? Not sure if this would be possible. It's only really an issue until I get to 100 alignment. After that shouldn't be a problem cause I can just kill something to replace the natural loss that is taken when it's working it's way back to 0. Idk. Just really hope something can be done.