Sign in to follow this  
Etherdrifter

Heal Resistance Scaling with Armour

So, at the moment, heal resistance punishes lightly armoured players more than heavily armoured ones since those lightly armoured players require a larger amount of healing over time, and thus stack more damage.  Players with low tier gear are also disproportionately disadvantaged compared to endgame players, which isn't ideal for PvE challenge - a topic we've recently seen raised against the removal of this debuff.

The suggestion is a simple one - modify heal resistance rating based on the strongest piece of armour a player is wearing - similar to cast chances (could piggyback off the same buff/debuff).

If they're wearing drake/scale, pile on a lot of extra heal res per damage healed (magic armour resonating with healing spells, why not?) - if they're wearing cloth or leather, give them a lower share than is currently given.  Maybe even tie materials in there - iron giving the least and moon metals giving more.

I'm not going to put numbers in here, as this is something to focus balance on and really needs playtesting extensively.  However, it might help direct the mechanic to do what was intended!

-1 to nerfing drake. scale, maybe even hi ql studded armour which is not so much inferior to drake. I fail to see the logic. In fact, effective armour allows lower damage, which may result in more aggressive combat style like tanking, and shielding lesser equipped players from stronger opponents. Punishing that will just result in more defensive playstyle.

And while the original suggestion was removing debuff altogether, which I consider over the top, further strengthening seems even more pointless.

• Like 1