Sign in to follow this  
Sabotab

A very new player needs graphic issues assistance

Hello everyone, i believe i am destined to enjoy this game.

I have a weird graphic issue where all the characters and creatures look smeared all over with pixels.

Guards for example with very long hands smeared all into the ground, unnatural head movements.

The rest is fine, water is fine, terrain is fine, so are trees and campfires etc.

I am using a notebook with Nvidia GT740.

Not sure what to do, any assistance will be praised :)

Thank you.

on the startup click settings, then, the compatibility tab,

i can never remember if it's VBO or FBO option but usually disabling it fixes the problem.

try one, try both, see how it goes.

Edited by JDBooker

Also, with Nvidia, you want to go into the Nvidia controls and set the wurm Java client to use the Nvidia GPU.  Seems often times, it won't auto choose to use the GPU and just uses the integrated Intel CPU graphics.  Once you have this set, the options above that JD mentions may not need to be set.

Heh... Well i feel like punching myself, just a sec please....... Ok done.

Basically your solution worked, (disabling the VBO) but a new issue arose, where the ground pixels are totally broken and jump all over when you move -

Making it almost impossible to tell the difference between the different types of surfaces.

But hey, it's always recommended making sure the game actually runs on your accelerator rather than your integrated graphics :D

If anyone ever has this problem, just remember to first change the options in the Global settings of the Nvidia Control Panel to use the Nvidia card as a default

(The default setting should be set to "Auto" which is not what we're looking for).

Thank you for the quick response JDBooker, i can now knock myself out and have some fun :P

gotta say i was surprised that you were having problems with Nvidia graphics, but completely forgot about checking the chipset option.

credit to Wurmhole for filling in the pieces of the puzzle :)

Edited by JDBooker

I have totally missed Wurmhole's comment... We have probably pasted at the same time.

Anyways thank you guys and have a good one.

Edited by Sabotab