Sign in to follow this  
cmiddlebrook

Serenity Flats 1024x

This is the first map I have created. I wanted a reasonably flattish landmass with all the biomes. I have tried to create a similar feel to WO with clay being near water, tar in small patches etc. I have spread out the trees more and not completely covered the land in forests so there's a bit more grass than on some maps.

I have made Ores slightly more frequent than defaults, and included a tiny amount of Glimmersteel and Adamantine though I don't actually know if they work in game.

I've had a quick run around the map in GM mode and I think it's quite nice (what I could tell in Winter anyway!). Let me know what you think :-)

Download here: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/331929/SerenityFlats.zip

SerenityFlats_map.png

Note: If you have trouble getting this map to work (it hung the server when I first tried it), try reloading the files in the Map Generator, re-saving them and then re-building the database again. That worked for me after starting from a clean database.

I'm not entirely happy with it. Now that I've run around it a bit, I want more Steppe and possibly trees more regional and less spread out. I'm going to work on a 2048x next :-)

• Like 3

I can confirm that both glimmersteel and adamantine veins do spawn in game, even on creative maps, although there may be an issue with low ore counts for all veins at present when using Wgenerator.

I'll assume you still have the actions.txt file saved though, so if a new version of Wgenerator comes out you could rebuild the map for ore generation.

I think a 1024 is plenty large enough for single player really, and this one seems pretty nice to me.

• Like 1

Very nice map !

I will try it asap.

I watched your video on youtube, nice tutorial :)

And very useful for a guy like me who don't understand much about all that stuff...

Now i can create a map and install it and play it.

PS: sorry if my english is not perfect, it's not my mother tongue :P

Edited by Felys
  • Like 1

I notice that the in-game map doesn't reflect this custom map.  Any idea how to fix that?