Sign in to follow this  
Brash_Endeavors

Not really a "Village" type? Two "free rent" cabins for independent hermits ...

I have two modest short-term loaner cabins available, somewhat nearby each other but each an independent setup with its own forge, bed and storage. You will need to gather your own resources but the area has plenty of trees, a small mine, clay in the area, and close to Crystal Lake for fishing and learning how to feed yourself. A shared-access rowboat is also available for exploring the area or getting to Freedom market and back. These are short term no-cost "rentals" for independent self sufficient types who want a secure place to learn about the game for a few weeks before setting off to make a homestead of their own. It is not a "village"  -- the only nearby neighbor is usually just me. They are NOT intended for a longterm home, but are available on a week-to-week basis while you learn the game and acquire skills to set off on your own -- we can discuss at the end of each week how the arrangement is working out for both, and whether both sides want to extend it. I am expecting 2-6 weeks to be the average stay.

You will need to APPLY for use of either location -- send me a PM with a little information about yourself, how you discovered Wurm, and what you know about the game so far. I do tend to prefer quiet, mature, independent, self-sufficient people who are able to use the wiki (http://wurmonline.com/wiki) for most of their information. If I am in the area, I can offer some assistance & information, but I will not be doing things for you or supplying you with armor/weapons/tools. I am an older female and would probably give preference to other older females, or to couples in their 30s and older, but am willing to consider any mature individual. I prefer someone who expects to play every day for several hours rather than a very casual player, and who probably intends down the road to go premium if they find themselves addicted to the game. But free to play players can also apply.

A couple things I DON'T want: people who complain the game mechanics are "stupid", are not willing to make an effort on their own, or are argumentative/complainer types. These are for people who consider themselves resourceful and self-sufficient, and not looking for a highly social environment. You need to be someone willing to use the web wiki extensively to teach yourself, and just need a bit of a foundation to start from.

Both cabins are about a one hour run from the Howl, or about a half hour boat ride. I prefer someone who has the independence to try to get to the site on their own (I would provide a map and directions), although in some limited curcumstances I might be willing to pick you up by boat from the Freedom Market area -- however, if a one hour run out the road seems too daunting for you, these may be too remote/secluded a choice for you.

Ideally at the end of your stay, you'll have constructed for yourself either a large cart or rowboat and the tools and skills you need to set out and establish a homestead of your own -- this is kind of a "base camp" you can use to explore a larger area of the map than might be possible if you are homeless and starting from the Howl with no skills or gear. It also might be useful to a returning player who is coming back after a long absence and needs a week or two to get on their feet before striking out on their own.

If both places are vacant, I'll be happy to give you a small tour of both before we decide which suits you better.

THORNWOOD has a small fenced farm area and is better suited to someone who wants a chance to experiment a little with small scale farming/animal husbandry:

_thornwood.jpg

_thornwood02.jpg

HEARTWOOD is a little more secluded and does not have a fenced area for farming so better suited to someone interested in general crafting & hunting:

_fernhill01.jpg

_fernhill02.jpg