Sign in to follow this  
Danar

Can't log in: Failing to download updates [Fix'd]

Last night, when I was logged in, none of my models seemed to load, resulting in me praying to a bag with a question mark on it, putting food into a bag with a question mark, then going to sleep on a bag with a question mark.

Today, I can't log in at all. What'll happen is it will start downloading Pack [1/10], finish, and freeze (the speed counter will float around a bit while its frozen), then after a little while it will say Update Failed!

I've tried deleting all of my packs and having wurm redownload them all, it results in me getting an optional1.jar file that is 0kb large. What am I doing wrong?

Not sure if this is relevant as they worked before for you, but I had problem from the get go with loading any packs on my folks pc, I think it may have been caused by some download accelerator program my dad has ::) , anyway there is a bit in the wiki with links to manually download the packs though and once that was done the game worked/loaded fine, maybe it would help you its at http://wurmonline.com/wiki/index.php?title=Common_bugs_and_solutions under the heading "The play button is grayed and updates have failed" a little way down the linked page- I don't think the new pack is listed there though presume its number 10 - maybe just changing the manual address 'optional9' part to 'optional10' would work,  I've not played on the folks PC for awhile so am expecting it to go wonky when I next try and it updates so would be interested to know if 10 is indeed available manually ;)

Good luck anyway hope its fixed for you soon :)

Replacing the jars with fresh ones from the links on the wiki had no effect, game is still trying to download pack [1/10] (which I suspect is base.jar) and failing.

Also, I didn't mention this, but I've tried about 12 times with equal success, as well as several attempts with the "Download Optional Packs" unchecked. Still nothing.

I reread my console.log:

"Using Coralized Pack Updater - Experimental, please post good and bad reports in the forum."

Disabling this fixed my problem. I guess this counts as a bad report for this feature.

This is the first time I've tried to play before and I REALLY want to play this game... heh. Anyway, how would I disable Coralized Updater thing, it was not in the options menu... or maybe it was, I'm going to look again.

Thanks,

- Noah

It's not enabled by default; it's the 2nd from the bottom option under the advanced tab.