Sign in to follow this  
Mirem

Finding/creating altar of three

Hello, I'm quite new to the game and even more new to custom maps and such. I warmed my feet with the basics and now I ran into a problem. I'm playing on Pocamadera map by Brash_Endeavors , and I can see in the screenshots the altar and the beam going up. In my offline server though, I can't see the beam anywhere. I hopped around the map with my GM character - nothing. I cranked my rendering distances up - nothing. So I created the altar with my GM, placed it... and still no beam. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks in advance for any pointers and help.

6 hours ago, Mirem said:

Hello, I'm quite new to the game and even more new to custom maps and such. I warmed my feet with the basics and now I ran into a problem. I'm playing on Pocamadera map by Brash_Endeavors , and I can see in the screenshots the altar and the beam going up. In my offline server though, I can't see the beam anywhere. I hopped around the map with my GM character - nothing. I cranked my rendering distances up - nothing. So I created the altar with my GM, placed it... and still no beam. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks in advance for any pointers and help.

Creating altars does not help. Altars can be summoned to the location you desire. End-game items needs to be enabled in the GUI. The locations are in the middle of the map at the north for white, and south for black. You may need to use FixVBO mod for your client to see the beams. If you're not into adding mods, then changing renderer on client to legacy can help, and if that doesn't fix it then you would need to go to compatibility tab and change FBO to extension. In general, I find that it's just easier to install the FixVBO mod which can be found here: https://github.com/bdew-wurm/fixvbo/releases/tag/v0.2

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Ayluin said:

Creating altars does not help. Altars can be summoned to the location you desire. End-game items needs to be enabled in the GUI. The locations are in the middle of the map at the north for white, and south for black. You may need to use FixVBO mod for your client to see the beams. If you're not into adding mods, then changing renderer on client to legacy can help, and if that doesn't fix it then you would need to go to compatibility tab and change FBO to extension. In general, I find that it's just easier to install the FixVBO mod which can be found here: https://github.com/bdew-wurm/fixvbo/releases/tag/v0.2

Thank you for the reply, I had the end-game items enabled and there was no beam still, but then I changed the FBO to extension and voila - the beams were there. But I couldn't very well leave it alone and decided to download the mod. I absolutely broke my game "installing" that mod (I am in no way blaming you, I'm thankful for your reply, this is all on the little noob me who does not remember how to do things properly... and most importantly, forgets to make backups) and wiped my whole server.

So yay, I got the beams working for two minutes... but now I have bigger problems - I've no clue how to install mods and I'm absolutely struggling. Gonna hop onto discord and ask someone for step by step guide and pray for the best, because I really want to wind down with Wurm after a hard day. So all in all, thank you, your suggested method fixed my problem, now onto learning how to install mods properly :D

EDIT: Managed to install the fixVBO correctly and started a new server, can see my lovely beams now. A bit sad I lost my progress, but I don't mind all that much about starting over from scratch, at least now have more knowledge about the game, this run should be smoother and progression faster and with less errors. Thanks. Consider this case SOLVED.

Edited by Mirem

On 2/28/2024 at 3:34 PM, Mirem said:

Thank you for the reply, I had the end-game items enabled and there was no beam still, but then I changed the FBO to extension and voila - the beams were there. But I couldn't very well leave it alone and decided to download the mod. I absolutely broke my game "installing" that mod (I am in no way blaming you, I'm thankful for your reply, this is all on the little noob me who does not remember how to do things properly... and most importantly, forgets to make backups) and wiped my whole server.

So yay, I got the beams working for two minutes... but now I have bigger problems - I've no clue how to install mods and I'm absolutely struggling. Gonna hop onto discord and ask someone for step by step guide and pray for the best, because I really want to wind down with Wurm after a hard day. So all in all, thank you, your suggested method fixed my problem, now onto learning how to install mods properly :D

EDIT: Managed to install the fixVBO correctly and started a new server, can see my lovely beams now. A bit sad I lost my progress, but I don't mind all that much about starting over from scratch, at least now have more knowledge about the game, this run should be smoother and progression faster and with less errors. Thanks. Consider this case SOLVED.

Ah yeah, FixVBO is a client mod, not a server mod. Should have specified that I suppose. Should never have gone into your server directory. 

• Like 1