Sign in to follow this  
Enlightened_One

Ceiling tile levelling bug

(Sorry, I just saw there's another post on the same issue.  I tried to delete this one, but can't figure out how.)

Hi, devs.  Just wanted to report a bug when attempting to flatten ceiling tiles in a cave or canal.  I originally put the post in the assistance section.  But after others pointed out that it is actually a bug, I decided to post it here.

Here's what happens:

Standing under a flat ceiling tile, I click on an adjacent ceiling tile and hit "level", which is supposed to mine the adjacent tile until it is flush with the tile I am under.  The adjacent tile is lower than the flat tile I am under, so it should chip away at the adjacent tile until it is level with the tile I am standing under.

While it chips away, I keep my mouse on the adjacent tile to see how the blue outline changes.  After a few strikes with the pickaxe, one of the far corners of the adjacent tile moves up a notch, so it takes a bite out of one of the farther corners first.  So far, so good.

Then after a few more strikes, one of the near corners of the adjacent tile (which is also one of the corners of the flat tile I am standing under) also moves up a notch, so it takes a bite out of a near corner second.  This, however, causes the flat tile I am standing under to become unflat.  I then have to back up to a flat tile behind me and attempt to fix the first tile I was standing under.  But as before, even this tile goes from being flat to being unflat.  So the levelling procedure is undoing the flat tiles when it chips away at the corners that meet the flat tile.

Obviously, if the tile we are standing under is already flat, then all four of its corners are of the same height, and none of its four corners should ever be mined when levelling an adjacent tile.  Only the two far corners of the adjacent tile should be mined, and even then, only as much as required to meet the height of the original flat tile.

Thanks, folks.

Edited by Enlightened_One
  • Like 1