Sign in to follow this  
Old_Lando

Upper story house decay issue

Currently according to my understanding as long as the first floor of a building is complete the the building is suppose to be secure and complete.  Even if walls are missing on upper stories.  It was pointed out to me that if a wall is missing on an upper story this is not the case and the building no longer protects against people picking up stuff  and you can no longer sleep in the building.   

To test I knocked down a couple of my outside walls and noted that the building still gave protection and sent back to the person that the myth was debunked based on my experience.  They thanked me and that was the end of it.   A couple months later, the building I had sitting in the perimeter had an upper story wall decay and the building became insecure.  Figuring that the issue might be related to the perimeter I let my other warehouse decay as well.  3 days ago I had the first upper story wall decay and at that time the building became insecure.  

Conclusions:  Knocking down the wall doesn't effect the security of the building but having a wall actually decay triggers a but that tells the building it is insecure even though all the ground floor walls are intact.