All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. Domination in what context? I'm genuinely asking, I'm not sure of the magnitude of the effect you are describing.
  3. Today
  4. Defiance doesn’t necessarily deserve PMKs, and chaos doesn’t necessarily deserve defiance-like features. We’d be unwinding the work of the devs and the community. Defiance was a concept that community agreed on before its inception. “What would an ideal PvP server look like? “ They decided on removing the junk from chaos and create a concept with a low barrier of entry for new players. Like no bags of keeping, no tomes, no war bonus, limited med paths, etc. Things that new players would NEED to be competitive on chaos. The long term solution for this is to wait for the portal system and hunt on defiance. You want changes cause you now refuse to play on a server that has what you want. That screams entitlement which is what the staff have to deal with daily. Trash brought up a good point which would be to unlink Chaos from freedom if the devs decide to go down this slippery slope. Otherwise, -1. Keep chaos chaos.
  5. Seems to me that the Windows firewall is blocking the WurmLauncher from internet access, so the client can't update the old installed version to the lastest one and thus won't run. Set your firewall to allow internet access for the WurmLauncher.
  6. With huge help of the server configuration and windows of opportunities and some other stuff. I am not moving anywhere, might set up a deed on xanadu if there's a new deed to deed portal. More interested in temporary jackal or pvp server instea of going nfi just to do the same thing i am doing now. Maybe go NFI/Deffieance with my priest to grind certain skills or priest my main, depending how they going to setup the faith/meditation thing
  7. @Theysa: I can collect you on Harmony if you want. But you have to get here https://harmony.yaga.host/#2456,3755 or I can summon you but then have to find a way to get home. @Morbidaedo you summon to the casting?
  8. With exception of cared for and problem is solved, because someone who has several very valuable animals, without which he would not be able to ride, will not lose anything. Before event, just make an announcement and turn sky on different color for 48 hours and then boom. The problem will come back after some time, but maybe someone could make something better by then. Disease - any selective and local solution will only create a feeling of lack of fairness. An apocalypse that happens to everyone at the same time seems more fair. I like separation of these limits for domesticated and wild animals better. I think a map that looks like an open source alpha version of game, with only plants and no mobs, looks bad. What exactly is main cause here? The number of players on map or some mob-related mechanism that loads server so much? Great... for example?
  9. -1 There are much better solutions to that problem.
  10. it's free and takes almost no time.. and no technical knowledge to test it on another browser maybe it's bad on safari, but so far no other mac-er reported anything, something is odd on your end, if you ask the questions you ask here in google, you'll likely get a thread with tips how to zoom/etc..
  11. True. Especially the "NFIers" represent a class of Freedom emigrees who established domination over steam newbies.
  12. Imagine you have a persistent world.. and that's our biggest shiny bargaining chip.. and then you deepdive into a dumpster 5bucks hosting with server resets, data loss, etc.. that's the experience Do you think anyone pitching in for persistent world will find value in marvel 50% kill idea? -1
  13. Just to mention that practically all "NFIers" screaming over the outlook of a merge are alts of Freedom veterans who colonized and dominated NFI sheeple from the steam launch.
  14. I'm with Dadler here, Volcanoes and terrain deforming meteors for Cadence!
  15. The animal situation is problematic on busier servers because with the way animal spawning mechanics work, if the quota of a particular animal type like horses, is over-full, then simply none will naturally spawn, leaving no wild versions of that animal to be found. A one-time purge of 50% of the population would: - Alienate a lot of players, who have very likely just lost their riding steed, or their favourite milking cow, or the hellhorse they just bought - Confuse players about animal mechanics - Disproportionately affect some players - Not fix the problem as breeders will quickly have the population overcapped again within weeks - Not address the underlying problem. I agree with you, it would be great to have some sort of system employed that would see a sizable reduction in the number of animals penned at the largest deeds, but this isn't going to fix that, and is just going to create problems. For an actual solution, you need something like area-based disease or miscarriage properties, where the more animals are in a particular area, the exponentially higher the chance of undesired outcomes *even on deeds with a 15+ tile/animal ratio*, or a disconnect of spawn caps between wild and domestic-born animals. Sure, breeders may complain about having to reduce their herds from (sometimes 200+ animals) down to something like 30 or 40, but when we're all playing this game together, it's an issue when someone's large herd comes at the expense of other people being able to find animals to begin with, especially when you have half a dozen or more large scale breeders with herds combining well into the thousands.
  16. WTS rare long sword. Iron, ql 90,10 Nimbleness has been cast on it, so it increase the chance to hit. [103] Frostbrand has been cast on it, so it will cause frost wounds. [98] Circle of Cunning has been cast on it, so it will increase skill gained with it when used. [99] A steel rune of Vynora has been attached, so it will reduce damage taken (10%) Starting bid is 5s
  17. Sure, if chaos gets it then freedom should too. It's pretty much same thing, pve rng stuff on a huge pvp enabled server with low population, you can literally stand afk for a week in middle of the map and no one would kill you, waht's the point in adding free loot when there's not actual population for the size of map nor level of competitiveness At this point it should be disabled on defiance if it's one sided, low population and zero competitiveness level as well
  18. TBH leadership has changed hands 3-4 times since then, so my guess is it's just been deprioritised. Given how much churn its had, I wouldnt be expecting them until we see pictures.
  19. The items silently disappear from the spirit house.
  20. A one-time event that will kill half of population of farm animals and others located on every deed, every perimeter or branded. I've been playing for a while and I haven't found a wild horse, sheep or donkey or hell horse yet. I don't complain about lack of animals, because I have enough of them for myself, but I believe that such a condition on map should be considered unacceptable. When I played a few years ago, every trip outside deed was interesting because you could find something worth bringing back, now that part of fun is gone. Steppes are practically empty, there are no more meadows, in some places tundra forms a checkerboard with forests... map could use some cleaning. Maybe I would also add evaporation of half or 2/3 of bushes and trees on entire map, regardless of where they are and changing biome, for tiles that border with two tiles of another biome, to dirt. I really like fact that vegetation in Wurm behaves like it's alive and grows everywhere, never change that, but in real world we have a natural mechanism for inhibiting growth of plants in form of herbivores that eat plants and they multiply. The more there are animals, the more and faster they eat, which leads to food shortages and animal extinction, this mechanism guarantees balance. Unfortunately, this is missing here. (It also would be more natural if grass eaten by animals would turn into steppe rather than into dirt in single step and steppe into dirt or desert)
  21. Can't guarantee with 100% certainty ill be there now that I'm Mum's carer, but if i can be i can imp the following: - Blacksmithing - Carpentry - Fine Carpentry - Masonary - Tailoring - Leather Working Let me know if you need help with anything ~ Indigoe
  22. so, tried every zoom function for Mac (command 0) safari settings for wurmonline.. zoom to 50% using zoom or unhook on tool bar, but site its locked. I removed history, rebooted, this makes no sense why it is locked like this.
  23. Ya, but its not like they are tracked, or if they are, they are not someplace we players can see that they have been added to a bug tracking database.....but then exploits happen too, so there would still be 'hidden' bugs due to that too. Definitely would love to see server crossings fixed, it is annoying to have to call on a GM when all you are trying do to is get home after an impalong or some other event, but more bug fixes in general would be a good idea.
  1. Load more activity
  • Newsletter

Want to keep up to date with all our latest news and information?