Sign in to follow this  
Guzten

Fence inside a house!

It would be awesome.. i mean, lets say you want some doggies and you dont want them to run into the kitchen than you can make a fence gate so the doggie cant run into the kitchen.

aint that brilliant?

But now for serious.. it would be awesome, i know a lot of people who want fences inside their houses

So add it!!!

• Like 2

I think you want gates, because you can currently build fences.

I have build a house that i want to keep my horses in behind a gate

Edited by Guzten

Another issue, is you cant plant grass or crops in a house, your horses might starve.

Another issue, is you cant plant grass or crops in a house, your horses might starve.

You can drop piles of mixed grass and the horse's will graze from that.

I actually welcome this, I get anywhere from 3 to almost 20 active villagers across the year, many of which want to have animals, now with the animal ratio limiting how many animals the deed can have, it's annoying having to keep a watchful eye on everyone's animals. It only takes 1 player to cause absolute ratio chaos.

I want to promote the method 'if you can't look after it, you can't keep it' in my village, making sure that animals are looked after, fed manually and groomed on a regular basis (as any good animal breeder should automatically do) - one way is making a barn, slab the floors and if they don't feed them, watch them slowly die. This also gives another job in the village where randomly people will go out, top up the animal feed BSB with seeds and grass. It also offers a limited amount of rooms and the rules stand only 2 animals per room. No more rooms... kill the excess.

I run into the situation far too often where villagers find animals, bring them back, throw them on the crops and I have to painstakingly go out, unpack the grass and re-seed the fields they eat, for animals that aren't even mine. If I chop those animals down (even with prior warnings), I'm the bad mayor and the player ceases to play or stay in the village.

So to fix the issue, the barn!

At the moment our barn runs with wooden walls and double doors, signposts to indicate what animal is in which room, it would be so much easier to place a gate down to view the rooms without bobbing in and out of doors. I find 2x1 outside pens lined up with pairs of animals extremely ugly... a barn however is more 'out of sight, out of mind'.

Fence gate inside houses? Yes please, very much, so wow. +1

Or at least a door that can you can view through, like a stable door.

• Like 1

I actually welcome this, I get anywhere from 3 to almost 20 active villagers across the year, many of which want to have animals, now with the animal ratio limiting how many animals the deed can have, it's annoying having to keep a watchful eye on everyone's animals. It only takes 1 player to cause absolute ratio chaos.

I want to promote the method 'if you can't look after it, you can't keep it' in my village, making sure that animals are looked after, fed manually and groomed on a regular basis (as any good animal breeder should automatically do) - one way is making a barn, slab the floors and if they don't feed them, watch them slowly die. This also gives another job in the village where randomly people will go out, top up the animal feed BSB with seeds and grass. It also offers a limited amount of rooms and the rules stand only 2 animals per room. No more rooms... kill the excess.

I run into the situation far too often where villagers find animals, bring them back, throw them on the crops and I have to painstakingly go out, unpack the grass and re-seed the fields they eat, for animals that aren't even mine. If I chop those animals down (even with prior warnings), I'm the bad mayor and the player ceases to play or stay in the village.

So to fix the issue, the barn!

At the moment our barn runs with wooden walls and double doors, signposts to indicate what animal is in which room, it would be so much easier to place a gate down to view the rooms without bobbing in and out of doors. I find 2x1 outside pens lined up with pairs of animals extremely ugly... a barn however is more 'out of sight, out of mind'.

Fence gate inside houses? Yes please, very much, so wow. +1

Or at least a door that can you can view through, like a stable door.

I'd like to add that feed troughs would be nice and hay made from mixed grass would be nice as well. +1 to the indoor fences as well as stable gates

just make a hollow structure - we made a new player area with this concept as a self contained single structure building (required a ton of carpentry)

was 7x7 with a hollow 5x5 middle and the walls them self as storage bunk rooms ect ect for housing for a few new people near starting area - as its a house there is no walls people can smash off deed - seems like the same would work here - smaller buildings could be made just using this as a example and you can grow crops grass or trees even inside it as well as keeping horses safe as the only way in is lock picking

just make a hollow structure - we made a new player area with this concept as a self contained single structure building (required a ton of carpentry)

was 7x7 with a hollow 5x5 middle and the walls them self as storage bunk rooms ect ect for housing for a few new people near starting area - as its a house there is no walls people can smash off deed - seems like the same would work here - smaller buildings could be made just using this as a example and you can grow crops grass or trees even inside it as well as keeping horses safe as the only way in is lock picking

Sliding off-topic a bit there?

Fence gates inside houses to keep animals from the rest of the house, but with the ability to keep an eye on them.

Or in my case, to make a barn... well, look like a barn. The functional implications of this would also allow hotels/hostels to come into effect, since fence gates use a separate lock system (keys, yay).

Also, hollow structures for barns is a bad idea, all the animals on our deed hug the NW corner of the deed regardless of where they are penned up. Hollow structure (5x5) + 20 animals = herd of dead and diseased, visibly unmanageable, menagerie of walking glue.

+1 to gates in houses regardless of animals.  Have also been calling for troughs for years.

The one thing i want to build is a proper horse stable i would like to see the ability to plant/enchant grass and have fence and gates on the ground floors to make this a possible option.  

• Like 1

With all the new talk about enclosures and such.  I think the idea of having gates and/or grass/farm tiles inside a structure is a great idea for the small off deed farmer.  From what i understand you can make a hollow or doughnut house and have farm tiles in the center where there are no walls or roof once the structure is complete.  It would be a nice idea for a stable if we could have enchanted grass or something like that with in the walled part, that would be a bonus.  Farm tiles from the center of course could be farmed and dropped for the critters in the pens.

I attempted this a while back but you would end up stuck in the fences when falling down from higher floors, so basically this is pending on better collision detection.

Best regards

Andreas

• Like 1

I attempted this a while back but you would end up stuck in the fences when falling down from higher floors, so basically this is pending on better collision detection.

Best regards

Andreas

Well you just as well kibosh the hay idea too then... if i can't have fence on the ground floor then i have no need for hay because i can not build a stall and see the horses the only way would be little rooms with doors and what fun is that, lol

Edited by Kegan

+1

Wish they would allow this without limitations. Would bring a plethora of creative design possibilities

I'm not saying no, just saying there are things that need to be accomplished first ;)

• Like 1