Sign in to follow this  
Old_Lando

Trader Reset All Servers

Are traders worth investment?

I would say no not right now unless you are lucky and find the sweet spot. (i guess that is in a crowded local area)

At 2s a month it would take you more or less 2 years to even break even.

Edited by Kegan

I would ask that as a separate thread in "Community Assistance", this thread is just to keep track of when the different servers Traders reset.

Nah, I think it's an okay question this thread is supposed to be Trader related.   As kegan said though, personally at this time I don't think they are worth the investment.

Edit:  Most traders are paying out 2s or less per month so 2 years or more to recoup costs and we have no guarantees that they will keep paying.  It's a pretty big risk for the investment.

Edited by Old_Lando

To me the comments above are based on making profits vs using a trader for what it should be used for, which is convenience and the possibility of making a small profit after you cover deed cost.

I still have 4 traders but I'm selling 1 more off, Only because of the fact I do not use the deed. The other deeds I have traders in I will not sell because I use all those deeds. 2 of them tend to give me roughly 3 silver a month at times just over and at times just number like 2.5. It is nice to be able to have the deed paid for with a little extra on the side.

I would tell you that it's probably not worth buying a trader at full price when you can get many half priced deals of people off loading purely trader deeds, which you can turn into an active deed.

And I've come to notice that I do not think population really matters, so much as your own activity. Some of my higher payouts as of late we're based off my consistent activity with little to no other population.

Release reset today

[15:36:33] Economic breakdown this period: Earned=0, spent=0 Ratio=0.0

Deli nearly always coincides with release, but I don't have a toon there with getinfo... anyone able to update?

Nah, I think it's an okay question this thread is supposed to be Trader related.   As kegan said though, personally at this time I don't think they are worth the investment.

Edit:  Most traders are paying out 2s or less per month so 2 years or more to recoup costs and we have no guarantees that they will keep paying.  It's a pretty big risk for the investment.

When Rolf first allowed Traders to be bought this is what they paid out basically 2-3s a month if you were lucky.  Many of us bought them just to have the ability to by the items which they give a 25% discount in the form of coin paid back.  About 38s that's what they cost if you drain back the coin from the trader you bought one from.  Anyhow payouts can vary from less than 1s to 6s or more.

To me the comments above are based on making profits vs using a trader for what it should be used for, which is convenience and the possibility of making a small profit after you cover deed cost.

I still have 4 traders but I'm selling 1 more off, Only because of the fact I do not use the deed. The other deeds I have traders in I will not sell because I use all those deeds. 2 of them tend to give me roughly 3 silver a month at times just over and at times just number like 2.5. It is nice to be able to have the deed paid for with a little extra on the side.

I would tell you that it's probably not worth buying a trader at full price when you can get many half priced deals of people off loading purely trader deeds, which you can turn into an active deed.

And I've come to notice that I do not think population really matters, so much as your own activity. Some of my higher payouts as of late we're based off my consistent activity with little to no other population.

I'm speculating here, but i think its more about "local hits", like the ammount of people that go about in local, some of my best payouts this last year were close to dragon slays happening near (or on) my deeds, particularly on the deed that was used as harbour for many of the slayers sailing there.

I'm speculating here, but i think its more about "local hits", like the ammount of people that go about in local, some of my best payouts this last year were close to dragon slays happening near (or on) my deeds, particularly on the deed that was used as harbour for many of the slayers sailing there.

I'm noticing a similar trend.  On the months where I have people in local, my income appears to go up.  On my deeds that don't get visitors at all, I'm getting less than a silver usually. not enough even to pay for a minimum deed

• Like 1

I don't know if it's actual information or fluffed up a bit. But I am told that there have been some people pulling 10s a month in active areas. Meaning a toon stays online all day everyday with other passer By'ers. I just pulled 3.1s of the deed I'm about to sell in Indy.

• Like 2

Hearing about people pulling 10s and actually pulling 10s are different things.  So to keep the level of hearsay down would be better.  As far as it goes, yes I have one trader that occassionally puts out 10-15s  but is normally around 2s.  Not sure why sometimes it puts that amount out.

Exo  resetted on 10th.(Didn't check 9th)

Edited by Blazer

Fixed a mistake earlier this evening.  Had Pristine, deli and release all resetting at the end of march rather than february, so corrected that mistake.  Wasn't thinking clearly apparently earlier this month.

Pristine reset today

[15:58:43] Economic breakdown this period: Earned=0, spent=0 Ratio=0.0

Release reset (28-Mar), bit late posting it.

[20:53:08] Economic breakdown this period: Earned=0, spent=0 Ratio=0.0

Release reset (28-Mar), bit late posting it.

[20:53:08] Economic breakdown this period: Earned=0, spent=0 Ratio=0.0

Concur

Celebration - trader reset

[11:31:24] Economic breakdown this period: Earned=658, spent=1016 Ratio=0.6476378

Exodus reset today,

[20:47:53] Economic breakdown this period: Earned=0, spent=0 Ratio=0.0

Wow, I got enough from my traders to cover my deed upkeep this month. Madness! :)

• Like 1

Pristine reset just now on server restart...

[10:28:53] Economic breakdown this period: Earned=0, spent=0 Ratio=0.0