Sign in to follow this  
Old_Lando

Trader Reset All Servers

This is a new thread based on the previous one located at http://forum.wurmonline.com/index.php?/topic/81538-trader-reset-all-servers-report-here-please-and-any-other-info/page-9?hl=trader

Protunia is no longer maintaining the thread so I've started a new one.  Likely to be a few hiccups until I figure out how the system works.

Trader Reset All Servers - Report Here Please

Please not that traders alternate between a 28 and 29 day schedule currently not sure what influences the time either way.  The approximate reset day is set for 28 days so it's generally they day of the event or the day before.   If you don't do a getinfo it's probably a better idea to wait a few days before trading or check the end of the thread for reset to confirm it has happened

Celebration Server -  Cele Traders  reset on June 27th ( next reset approx July25th)

Exodus Server -  Exodus Traders reset on July 2nd( next reset approx July 30th. ) 

Indy server -  Indy Traders Reset on July 8th ( next approx August 5th )

Xanadu server -  No updates so not tracking

Elevation Server - No updates so not tracking

Deliverance Server -  Reset June 22nd ( next approx reset July 20th)

Pristine Server -  Reset  June 18th ( next reset approx July 16th )

Release - Reset June 22nd ( next approx reset July 20th)

Buying Trader Deeds - If the Trader is a Citizen of another deed on the Deed you are buying and has the TAX rate set to more than 0% those funds will not go to the Deed you are Buying.

The Current Deed That Trader is a Citizen of Will have to boot the Trader from being a Citizen before the Trader's TAX will go to the Deed you are Buying.

Until that happens ALL Taxes collected will go to the Deed the Trader is a Citizen of.

Players should always check the Citizenship of the Trader by examining them.

[08:49:40] He bears the mark of a citizen of Foggy Mountain.

Important Note:  Traders reset different times during the day of reset like they pay out at different times during the King's payouts.

It may be a good Idea once a Server starts to do a Trader reset that you wait till the end of the day or the next day to redo your ratio if you do not have get info ( Knowledge lvl 4 ).

Changed April 21st to reflect 3 verified/confirmed trader resets.  Traders are resetting when /uptime reaches a new day and not at different times during the day.  Up to you whether to wait a day to do your trades or not.  Thanks to  Tpikol for pointing out the old information was incorrect.

On Elevation and Chaos, traders now receive bonus coins depending on kingdom size.

Remember that the reset dates will change with the time of the server downtimes between the resets.

King's envoy trading with the trader message is no longer broadcast

Edited by shakys
URL was removed as was leading to advertising malware nowadays.
  • Like 12

could u correct the missinformation protunia had?

Important Note:  Traders reset different times during the day of reset like they pay out at different times during the King's payouts.

There are several reliable posts about the traders resetting at different times during the day.   I've seen my trader not reset on indy at the same time someone else posted a 0.0 trading ratio.  What makes you think this information is incorrect?

There are several reliable posts about the traders resetting at different times during the day.   I've seen my trader not reset on indy at the same time someone else posted a 0.0 trading ratio.  What makes you think this information is incorrect?

my personal experience of it working everytime on every trader for about a year now,looking at the clock and using get info a minute before and after the server day change,also told other people that noticed it works everytime

Okay, will need to get some conformation before I change it.  If the information is currently incorrect, it is just safe to delay one day for those without getinfo to set their ratios.   If your theory is incorrect it would cause a loss of revenue for an entire month for some of those guys.   So I'd rather error on the side of caution right now.  

I'll start investigating and watch comments on the thread to confirm.  I'll also go back over the old thread and see what I can confirm that way.

one way for you to comfirm it ,would be to pay attention to /uptime on your own trader resets so you can see it yourself

Yep, that's what I plan to do.   Problem is I don't have multiple characters with getinfo so it will take me a couple of months to confirm.   I'll check the next indy update and if the day before and the time just after server reset match up, I'll make the change unless other information comes to light.

Sorry but there is no sufficient replacement for Protunia upon these forums in any manner, pomp or circumstance. Although you might attempt to continue on with their subject matter in this particular regard, it will be lacking in that insight that they have gained in this aspect. Not that I am trying to diminish your attempt here but their passing into parts unknown should have a proper interval of mourning until this topic is once again broached by another. Until that time it would be easy enough to just bump up Protunia's post on this topic. Gone but not departed (rip), says I.

=Ayes=

Pristine is reset, not sure when it happened made best guess for May reset.

Deliverance has reset today...

[07:12:29] Economic breakdown this period: Earned=0, spent=0 Ratio=0.0

Edit: the op has the trader words all highlighted in yellow from when you searched to find the post.

Edited by Kegan

Excel list updated. I am now trying 29 days as the reset period. For some reason this is fitting almost exactly.

Remember that it is almost impossible to forecast exact times for the resets. So this is not exact in any way.

http://www.file-upload.net/download-8830244/TradersNEW.xlsx.html

*UPDATED times for the resets

*ADDED Release resets

Edited by Sklo:D

the reset on celebration just happened.

[13:04:12] The server has been up 3 days.

[13:05:37] Economic breakdown this period: Earned=0, spent=0 Ratio=0.0

Trader just reset on Release

[07:07:51] The server has been up 3 days and 4 minutes.

[07:08:11] Economic breakdown this period: Earned=0, spent=0 Ratio=0.0

I check yesterday.

Edit: add the paste of the exact time I check,

Edited by calux

Yeah, release trader ratio reset at the /uptime switchover this morning.   I'll update the thread later today, a bit tired at the moment.

You need excel 2007 or later to open it.

But I will do a spreadsheet

And my name is Sklo L not i :P

Would be interesting to know the monthly income as well. For me it has been fluctuating and varied between traders on the same server even, but lately it has stabilized on about 5s a month per trader on Deli. Half a year ago it was more like 8-12s a month per trader. 

Here is the google spreadsheet version

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/19jokv6oh3pbTvl_AQn9kvLtQ-q4vISgb6T1mZk8e9vg/edit?usp=sharing

It is calculated with 29 days period but with this:

Changed April 21st to reflect 3 verified/confirmed trader resets.  Traders are resetting when /uptime reaches a new day and not at different times during the day.  Up to you whether to wait a day to do your trades or not.  Thanks to  Tpikol for pointing out the old information was incorrect.

It could turn out that the traders reset every 28 days UPTIME. So this would explain why the 29 rl days fit better than the 28 rl days as the reset period. After the servers are going down and up and so they are loosing uptime. For example if the server goes down at 4 days and 23 hours uptime it is very likely that only 4 days are added to the trader reset period and so we lost almost one RL day.

I have started writing a server application which saves every restart in a database and adds the days up and with this information I will try to calculate on exact trader reset periods. 

• Like 1

the reason 29 days fits better its because it works like this

Reset day / 28 days /Reset day

server downtime doesnt affect it ,unless the server its down at the time of the reset

Edited by Tpikol
  • Like 7

another possible solution for this

sounds legit

Exodus Reset [08:20:41] Economic breakdown this period: Earned=0, spent=0 Ratio=0.0