Sign in to follow this  
Zakerak

Alliance member trapped into donut house

Member of my aliance and my friend was killed yesterday near my deed. He spawned on my deed. To this point everything was fine.

But he spawned exactly into locked house. Technicaly it was not into house. It was in hole in donut like house.

In that house I'm storing ships "one peg to finish", waiting for order from customers.

So I can't left such place unlocked or with free access for alliance members.

Question is why game let spawn somebody into area, where that player do not have access? Why were donut houses intoduced into game, without solving such security hole?

This time it was friend without any bad intention, but next time it can be just unknown alliance member. Or even worse griefer, who specially on purpose joined alliance, dying on purpose close by my deed to stole all ships.

Every donut like houses are in danger from alliance members or even own villagers.

well.. he did spawn in your hole with no equipment., don't leave pegs laying around i guess..

is it an issue? sure, but it's probably VERY FAR down the list..

Well, secondary problem was - he is from australia, I'm from europe ... he spent there a lot of time waiting for me, lucky I'm active every day.

EDIT:

is it an issue? sure, but it's probably VERY FAR down the list..

This is main problem with bugs in Wurm, 99% of bugs are "VERY FAR down the list..", much more important is introducing new things and new bugs. What leads to situation, where list is longer and longer and only few bugs are ever solved. :/

I like new things, but flood of bugs slowly render game unplayable or at last very annoying ...

... but it was offtopic /slap myself

Edited by Zakerak

Put him to work.  Small rowboat should be within his capabilities!

This time it was friend without any bad intention, but next time it can be just unknown alliance member. Or even worse griefer, who specially on purpose joined alliance, dying on purpose close by my deed to stole all ships.

And this right here is why alliance permissions need to me fixed. The things are right now, we can all walk onto an alliance deed and steal everything that isn't under a writ, GM's won't do a thing because it's not "secured". This is the main reason I don't invite people to our alliance.

• Like 1

Even before donut houses you could just have a U-shaped house with a fence connecting both ends. Also fenced in areas with locked gate houses would be a similar trap.

The game checks if the respawn point is inside a house, everything else is fair game.

Even with an open token in our Town on a 57x57 tile deed, respawning is quite random where it places you.. we never spawn at the token, but random places around it.

I can remember dieing on chaos outside our town from pvp, and respawning ondeed put me in the ocean 4 tiles from my attacker, killing me again...

It needs fixed, respawn outside option.. obvious, respawn in town.. at the freaking token not just as random as the other option.

Maybe Alliance deeds (or all deeds) need to be able to create a "re-spawn here" object.

One for deed members,and optionally one for allies.

• Like 2

As long as there is a permission to pass locked fences that isn't always on for allies and villagers people can still get trapped. It would be a good idea if we could set permissions for respawn locations (token/outside/anywhere on deed). It would also allow mayors to keep restrict control access to the different parts of their deed better. Respawining within the village (but not by the token) can be used to bypass those restrictions.

Edited by Anothernoob

Having it possible for allies to respawn in a deed house needs go to top of bug list imho.  I have a vault on each of my deeds no one is given permission to, hearing that someone friend or not, can respawn in it is serious stuff.

Tobaul, to be clear, a person cannot spawn 'inside' a building.  You have no worry of anyone spawning inside a building on your deed.

A donut house as explained above, is a square building, with the center tiles open - not part of the building.   So the game mechanics see that center tile as being not inside a building.  Think of the building as the donut portion, with all walls built.  The 'hole' in the center is not part of the building, but a free, open tile.

If the person spawning in the open tile does not have access to the building, they cannot get out of the hole.

If there was something we could build or buy that lets us set respawn it would be great. At the Academy we have get people locked in yards all the time. This especial happens when spanw at token isn't listed as the 1st option on the list. This has been a problem on deeds that don't have pass gates on or have a lot of house with private yards.