Sign in to follow this  
MattSquare

Remove the Ratio from PvP Servers

Rolf's busy living in Nadroj's pocket writing kingdom title code (I'm a bit fuzzy on the details).  Ask him if he'll let Rolf out to work on ratio code.

Rolf's busy living in Nadroj's pocket writing kingdom title code (I'm a bit fuzzy on the details).  Ask him if he'll let Rolf out to work on ratio code.

Nadroj? who is Nadroj?

Also, bump.

whats a nadroj and how do I friend him lols

He's someone who whines to Rolf to get him to add hotfixes in PvP by opening reinforced tiles in the middle of a 72 hour raid, thus automatically allowing Nadroj's kingdom to win by developer intervention, thus requiring that the defending party be compensated with moon metal (yes, this is how the moon metal "joke" started).

Remove the ratio or give us 1kg of moon metal for every horse that dies in PvP.

• Like 1

Remove the ratio or give us 1kg of moon metal for every horse that dies in PvP.

Edited by Alec
  • Like 1

Hey, we need compensation for this BS that's going on. Just remove the ratio already.

Dont remove the ratio, it will only encourage ppl to have 100's of horses on deed (which ruins the spawns) and it will make wurm pvp about who has the most horses even more. Everyone will run around on a horse and leading 4 horses. Real fun, not.

Think before u cry Joe, there are alrdy ways to work around the ratio.

-1 get to work!!

Edit: not to think about the economy for hardworking breeders will crash, u only need 2-3 good breeders to supply the entire server, since they can just stack 100's of horses in their deed. Why should different ppl train AH then? It will become a useless skill then the more time that passes...

Edited by LorenaMontana

I don't remember anyone leading 3 horses around before the ratio got put in, people generally just had one backup and maybe a wild horse they found on the steppe.

It is much better for pvp for everyone to have enough horses than have people being unable to pvp because they don't have enough.

I dont get the economy argument, you said people can already work around the ratio, why can't those breeders work around it as well?

Coz to work around the ratio u need more then one breeder... When u remove it u just need 1 breeder for an entire kingdom.

The ways to work around the system:

1. Form another deed for horses (this requires you to pay more and is BS).

2. Keep the horses off deed (this leaves them vulnerable to enemies and passersby, as well as disease and miscarriage due to automatic 10 ratio off deed, also BS).

Also, you cannot PvP without horses. This isn't something we should work around, it is something that should be removed. Keep in mind that I already stated a solid argument about why animal hoarding has never been and never will be a problem on PvP servers. Besides, who is to say how many horses I can have? Should I also be limited in how many plate sets or swords or shields or any other item I can keep on my deed? I didn't think so, so why should I be limited in the number of horses I can have? Lastly, I'm pretty sure something like half or so of the animal cap is reserved for wild spawns. If it is reached, bred animals will miscarry, which can just lead to death.

Coz to work around the ratio u need more then one breeder... When u remove it u just need 1 breeder for an entire kingdom.

Yes, lets work around it by not doing PvP(no PvP = no dead horses = no need for extra horses).

And now that we are talking about this, lets make a ratio about how many plate sets we can have on deed, if we hit the ratio, the extra plate sets insta-decay.

Yush this looks right,

• Like 2

There is alrdy no pvp at all atm, what will removing the ratio help in this case, nothing.

Better think about fixing the pvp and elevation then up the spawn and encourage using extra horses in pvp.

If remove the ratio then do it atleast elevation only and not the home servers then.

Atm there is no reason to move to elevation, at all.

• Like 1

Wurm is supposed to be a "sandbox".  If owning a large herd of animals, or "hoarding them", gives them pleasure than who are we to judge that as being a punishable offense?  Poor game mechanics caused the problem, compounded by illogical 'fixes', ultimately leading to the deed ratio:  a horrible band-aid for a problem that isn't even a problem anymore.  

I would love if the ratio was removed for all players.  I don't see why PVP servers should be given a special circumstance, however, that's not fair at all.

The problem with hoarding animals on a PvE server is that it reduces the amount of natural mobs that spawn in the wild, which is/was apparently a big problem.  Because it's non-PvP, you can't just go and break down some walls to take horses from someone, or release them or w/e.  On PvP servers, you can do that, which is why it isn't really needed I guess.

I have a hard time buying that PVP is so intense, you cannot keep horses alive.

I know people who play on PVP servers who've told me they NEVER have to PVP. 

The problem with hoarding animals on a PvE server is that it reduces the amount of natural mobs that spawn in the wild, which is/was apparently a big problem.

Well they fixed that.  Now we have hundreds of sharks taking up all the spawns! lol.

And I get what you're saying, but I still don't like it referred to as "hoarding".  I don't tell you how much of something you can possess, I just want the same respect.

I have a hard time buying that PVP is so intense, you cannot keep horses alive.

I know people who play on PVP servers who've told me they NEVER have to PVP. 

Well they fixed that.  Now we have hundreds of sharks taking up all the spawns! lol.

And I get what you're saying, but I still don't like it referred to as "hoarding".  I don't tell you how much of something you can possess, I just want the same respect.

The idea is not that you can't keep horses alive because PvP is so intense.

The idea is that if you try to "hoard" 1000 horses on a PvP server, some dickhead from an enemy kingdom is going to show up and slaughter them all one day.  This happens all the time and the dickhead isn't always from an enemy kingdom either.

On top of that, if I choose to PvP, i have to first select one or two good horses, a suit of enchanted plate, a good sword and shield, bow and arrows, etc etc etc.  Everything I bring is unlikely to come back with me, especially the two horses.  The two horses are pretty much guaranteed to die in the battle.  No amount of barding, protection, strategy, or whatever else prevents this, as horses are almost always targeted before players in PvP fights.

in a 2v2 PvP battle, even if NOBODY DIES, chances are four horse corpses are left behind.

See the problem?

The idea is that if you try to "hoard" 1000 horses on a PvP server, some dickhead from an enemy kingdom is going to show up and slaughter them all one day.  This happens all the time and the

At least you can fight back.  With the removal of the enclosure rule, a LOT of people on PVE servers are losing their animals with entirely no recourse.

See the problem?

Yes, yes I do.

I just want the ratio removed for ALL players entirely.

Yes, I'm making another thread about this. It's stupid that PvP players need to keep their backup horses and pets off deed and in a not-so-secure location just to prevent their speed horses and breeding animals from randomly miscarrying and getting diseased. It severely limits PvP and just creates unneeded problems. It results in horse shortages, as well as impacting Epic missions. For example, on JKH, we currently have a mission to sacrifice three (3) calves. Because no one can bring cows and bulls to their deed to breed them (they need the space for horses which is limited by the ratio), we have had this mission for several days now. It is a simple mission that would have been completed within ten minutes of popping up (as it should be for such an "easy" mission) if we were allowed to breed animals on deed without a useless limit that was meant for PvE. In my opinion, it should just be removed entirely from both PvE and PvP, but the severe impact on PvP servers makes this a destructive feature. No horses and pets means no PvP.

Why is that different from players in PvE. Specially with the removal of enclosure rules, that puts us both on the same boat.

The ratio was a bad idea on all servers, not just PvP.

You should change the title to just remove the ratio :P

I understand what you are saying Kane. Honestly, I support the full removal of the ratio on all servers, but I think the PvE aspect should get its own thread due to different play styles and such.

Also, @ Shank and Lorena:

You're obviously just posting because you hate JKH. You don't like us having horses, and you complain about no PvP. Well then do something, it's a PvP server. Come kill our horses if you want... or are you afraid that we'll fight back now that JKH actually has some fighters?

• Like 1

I understand what you are saying Kane. Honestly, I support the full removal of the ratio on all servers, but I think the PvE aspect should get its own thread due to different play styles and such.

Also, @ Shank and Lorena:

You're obviously just posting because you hate JKH. You don't like us having horses, and you complain about no PvP. Well then do something, it's a PvP server. Come kill our horses if you want... or are you afraid that we'll fight back now that JKH actually has some fighters?

Lol i dun hate u babe

I do a -1 and i get attacked already wow. I'm sorry that lorena and i are more experienced in storing horses with no problem ratio removal would just bring it back to when whitestone was so laggy you had kill the horses to actually raid the place.

On the jkh/no pvp which havn't raided in while since the crew i use do with all quit/went inactive. Can't raid jkh like good old days of running through caves and see people like you rage and then stuff my face with popcorn with the constant updates from rolf.

EDIT: if you havn't noticed i don't really play game for pvp anymore but just because the friends i play with it make it fun which could be pvp or just chatting in allaince all day

EDIT: aka im slowing joining lorena and his carebear ways

Edited by shankiest
  • Like 1

>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SM0QdrLKlZ8 

heres a vid build your rage and assumptions

• Like 1

Forgot this isn't skirmishes/random kills/forum PvP.

That video just proves why the ratio isn't needed on PvP servers. Thanks for that.

Edited by MattSquare
  • Like 2

Forgot this isn't skirmishes/random kills/forum PvP.

That video just proves why the ratio isn't needed on PvP servers. Thanks for that.

but you said jkh has fighters so that can't possibly happen again so then it should be kept.