Sign in to follow this  
MattSquare

Remove the Ratio from PvP Servers

I don't have much to say bout this, but I think I remember when there was no cap, and it was a bloody ghost town(animal wise) around settlements, unless you walked for 20 or so minutes to total wilderness.

but to be honest, that's been years ago so I don't have a clear recollection of the matter

neither a thumbs up or down at this time until I further delve into the recesses of my brain.

I remember the times wen I first started on Cele, only mobs in kms around where spiders, to find a rat/lion to get pelt for a chance to finish the only one requiring a pelt among millions of unfinished hammers requiring a hammer I had was like finding the grial. Several months in advance some one give to my major some eggs and like 4 chickens and a hen, and probably those creature where the only one in his type around a vast area around tap dance, and people was paying insane prices for eggs in hope of the chance that one turns into a creature, bulls and cows where like the poor men dragons, we know it existed, but never spotted one, you had better chances of seeing the kyklops pened in golden market than a troll/goblin in the wild, etc. etc.

Guys, do you know that we are talking about Epic cluster mainly right?

But those flashbacks were funny.

• Like 1

+1  PVP  only

We really need this left alone in PVE tho.

Yeah, srry I derailed your post, just wanted to add something of my own experience about the times pre ratio on my server, but you are right, ratio serve no purpose on pvp epic servers and needs to be removed.

+1

how about you STFU and let the people who know what they are saying discuss the subject ?

• Like 1

Then the lag during that wardeed raid was not due to the amount of players, but due to LoTd?

Then remove that spell please, as it creates game breaking lag fest.

i dont mind removing that spell go ahead

Can some devs comment on this or something?

Oh wait, I forgot we don't have a proper staff team that looks over these suggestions. This was suggested months ago, and I have to re-post it, only for it to be ignored again.

Wurm is supposed to be a "sandbox".  If owning a large herd of animals, or "hoarding them", gives them pleasure than who are we to judge that as being a punishable offense?  Poor game mechanics caused the problem, compounded by illogical 'fixes', ultimately leading to the deed ratio:  a horrible band-aid for a problem that isn't even a problem anymore.  

I would love if the ratio was removed for all players.  I don't see why PVP servers should be given a special circumstance, however, that's not fair at all.

• Like 2

IMO, it should be removed entirely. However, it was a PvE fix that has no place on a PvP server, especially when you consider the facts.

The bandaid was purely aimed at fixing things on pve anyway. It was never an issue for PvP due to lower per tile population of players far as I've ever heard.

They shouldn't get hit with a fix for a problem they were never having.

Edit: Ideally speaking we would have mechanics reducing the value of hoarding animals which was the issue, rather than a hoard cap. No clue how to do that either though, especially when breeding 900 horses produces incredibly cheap weaponskill/meat/hide/animal bits. You can do it on a 22x22 deed with enchanted tiles to minimize effort required.

Edited by Sevenless

However, it was a PvE fix that has no place on a PvP server, especially when you consider the facts.

Yes it's not like we've had things nerfed or changed strictly because of some PVP issue before  :P

Yes it's not like we've had things nerfed or changed strictly because of some PVP issue before  :P

• Like 2

Is anyone at all actually holding the best interests of the game at heart?

Didn't Rolf ask for "PvP easy fruits" - quick changes to make PvP easier and more enjoyable? Well, this is it. I don't think it's too hard to just remove this from Epic and Chaos. Hell, just remove it from all servers, it's a crappy mechanic anyway.

The biggest horse massacre I have heard of was a HotA fight in which almost one hundred (100) horses died, not even counting pets.

jy5GgRb.jpgkaa72SP.jpg9sHM5xM.jpg

• Like 1

much suck

very not cool

such bad

so not wow