Sign in to follow this  
MattSquare

Remove the Ratio from PvP Servers

Want more creatures? Pay more silvers to the king for a larger deed.

So are you saying that Rolf wanted more money, and to squeeze us every last penny, he did the nerf?

• Like 1

Want more creatures? Pay more silvers to the king for a larger deed.

On a PvP server a deed size might be designed around a particular design. Expanding it further will lead to templars attacking too soon and allow enemies to more easily tie them up if it's easy to ride around the new edge of the village on horse.

On a PvP server a deed size might be designed around a particular design. Expanding it further will lead to templars attacking too soon and allow enemies to more easily tie them up if it's easy to ride around the new edge of the village on horse.

I am well aware of this. My point is that people need to stop acting like everything in the game should be super convenient and be handed to them on a silver platter. If you want to have more creatures than everyone else, you should have to work for it.

Also, people seem to forget that the reason the ratio was implemented was that breeding was taking up all the creature slots. Deeds had many animals in them and there was no slots left for wild animals.

Edited by Lau

I am well aware of this. My point is that people need to stop acting like everything in the game should be super convenient and be handed to them on a silver platter. If you want to have more creatures than everyone else, you should have to work for it.

Also, people seem to forget that the reason the ratio was implemented was that breeding was taking up all the creature slots. Deeds had many animals in them and there was no slots left for wild animals.

On PVP servers?

Elevation never had any issue with not having wild animals, serenity never did despite having quite a few deeds filled with animals, and desertion/affliction never did.

Did chaos somehow have no wild animals?

• Like 2

There is no problem with animal hoarding or creature cap on any PvP server.

If you want to have more creatures than everyone else, you should have to work for it.

+1 If traveling in a boat doesn't take away stamina, yet another pvp "nerf" that was slapped onto other servers that had no need for it. I'd call it most of the tags on this thread :)

I wasn't aware that you could do extra work to increase the amount of animals you're allowed to have on deed. Care to elaborate?

How about you work to pay for another deed?

How about you work to pay for another deed?

how about you STFU and let the people who know what they are saying discuss the subject ?

• Like 6

It's clear it would only be better, especially on the PvP Servers, as there are ways to lose your animals on deed anyways. It's not like we'll have 5000 animals on a deed. :)

I clearly like the idea, :) theirs like no objection (apart from 2 or 3 people out of the 10+ people that like it.)

how about you STFU and let the people who know what they are saying discuss the subject ?

Being greedy doesn't suit you.

Being greedy doesn't suit you.

Again, thanks for your free bumps.

As a PvE player: This seems to be a fix aimed at PvE servers. If it is causing unintentional issues for PvP servers (Without pvp experience I cannot verify that it is other than anecdotally) it shouldn't apply to PvP servers in my opinion.

+1 if it's a problem, but I have no way to verify that =D

• Like 2

There are ways already work around the ratio and im certain the major deeds of each kingdom has done them  already....-1

EDIT: leme put it this way if its remove w/e but deeds going be a lag fest...like whitestone during raids....if kept we will continue just store horses off deed.

Edited by shankiest

There are ways already work around the ratio and im certain the major deeds of each kingdom has done them  already....-1

EDIT: leme put it this way if its remove w/e but deeds going be a lag fest...like whitestone during raids....if kept we will continue just store horses off deed.

ITT: People who don't remember what deeds looked like before the ratio.

i not only remember that i also remember that on the same update they added the ratio and increased the mob caps on all pve servers.which is the only reason why it seemed like it worked.

maybe you forget that was also the reason the stopped all animals on deed from living forever and added the "care for" system which is another of the failed attemps to solve the problem of breeders hoarding with ######.instead of adressing the reasons why people need to hoard animals to be effective as breeders.

Edited by Tpikol

I don't have much to say bout this, but I think I remember when there was no cap, and it was a bloody ghost town(animal wise) around settlements, unless you walked for 20 or so minutes to total wilderness.

but to be honest, that's been years ago so I don't have a clear recollection of the matter

neither a thumbs up or down at this time until I further delve into the recesses of my brain.

I don't have much to say bout this, but I think I remember when there was no cap, and it was a bloody ghost town(animal wise) around settlements, unless you walked for 20 or so minutes to total wilderness.

but to be honest, that's been years ago so I don't have a clear recollection of the matter

neither a thumbs up or down at this time until I further delve into the recesses of my brain.

I remember the times wen I first started on Cele, only mobs in kms around where spiders, to find a rat/lion to get pelt for a chance to finish the only one requiring a pelt among millions of unfinished hammers requiring a hammer I had was like finding the grial. Several months in advance some one give to my major some eggs and like 4 chickens and a hen, and probably those creature where the only one in his type around a vast area around tap dance, and people was paying insane prices for eggs in hope of the chance that one turns into a creature, bulls and cows where like the poor men dragons, we know it existed, but never spotted one, you had better chances of seeing the kyklops pened in golden market than a troll/goblin in the wild, etc. etc.

Edited by KunAlt

Back in the day in Deli, there were no hens or pheasants.   My mind was blown when I traveled to Chaos and saw bisons, hens, and free deer, cows, bulls.   But what changed that dire situation in Deli, it wasnt particularly the Ratio.   What the Ratio cause, due to bad initial implementation, was for great ammount of animals to die overnight.

What fixed the desolation problem was when they doubled the animal cap on the server.  And in order to offset the load from all those animals, they made animals move less, and we still suffer from that initial change.

The ratio rule MAY work in freedom, and Im not even sure of that, but its nonsensical in the PvP servers.

• Like 1

For those who don't understand why it is NOT an issue on PvP servers:

Horses and pets die in every PvP encounter. You can usually expect twice as many horses as people to die because people bring barded backups.

Pets die in PvP. People aren't going to kill a guy and leave his champ troll to use the HotA steppe as his golf course and themselves as golf balls. Those (golf) clubs hurt.

When a deed gets raided, the first place the raiders go is the animal pens. All the horses and other animals are killed, often before any actual PvP happens.

The biggest horse massacre I have heard of was a HotA fight in which almost one hundred (100) horses died, not even counting pets.

TLDR: Horses die on a daily basis by the dozen on PvP servers. Hoarding isn't an issue because it isn't possible.

• Like 1