Sign in to follow this  
MattSquare

Remove the Ratio from PvP Servers

Yes, I'm making another thread about this. It's stupid that PvP players need to keep their backup horses and pets off deed and in a not-so-secure location just to prevent their speed horses and breeding animals from randomly miscarrying and getting diseased. It severely limits PvP and just creates unneeded problems. It results in horse shortages, as well as impacting Epic missions. For example, on JKH, we currently have a mission to sacrifice three (3) calves. Because no one can bring cows and bulls to their deed to breed them (they need the space for horses which is limited by the ratio), we have had this mission for several days now. It is a simple mission that would have been completed within ten minutes of popping up (as it should be for such an "easy" mission) if we were allowed to breed animals on deed without a useless limit that was meant for PvE. In my opinion, it should just be removed entirely from both PvE and PvP, but the severe impact on PvP servers makes this a destructive feature. No horses and pets means no PvP.

• Like 24

i think it should be removed completely,on pve servers it just makes breeders keep animals offdeed doesnt make them have less animals

• Like 1

I'll give this a +1 if we can swap it for one of those annoying pve nerfs we got from you pvp guys ^_^

• Like 3

Meh, just remove it entirely. It just has more of an impact on PvP servers where you can't keep your horses off deed without them getting slaughtered by lockpickers or guys with shortbows.

Why was this added? I dunno, it seems so useless... especially since its a failed mechanic. .___.

+1, Remove it.

• Like 1

+111111111111111111111111111

Please get this done..

Why was this added? I dunno, it seems so useless... especially since its a failed mechanic. .___.

+1, Remove it.

1. Because some people were herding animals, up to the point where breeders had 9001 on deed, denying the spawn of others in a large radius. (Still happens too much on PvE)

2. To fight the danger of hitting the animal per map capacity, in a scenario where few breeders have many animals, and the rest would get few to none.

A surplus of kept animals will disease and die, making it possible for others to find new cattle, so the game mechanic itself isn't really failing, it's a matter of fairness perspective. I do agree though that it's pointless on PvP  so +1 for that.

Edited by Kamill
  • Like 1

But why Rolf thought this nerf was needed on PvP servers?

Or was just an overlook and he just slammed the nerf across all Wurm?

Want more creatures? Pay more silvers to the king for a larger deed.

Edited by Lau

Spoiler: the animal ratio was never put in place to prevent hoarding. It just happened that some guy managed to play Wurm on a pre-Victorian sewing machine, and upon walking by 3 horses on the same tile, his setup crashed as the processor ran out of thread. However, instead of just getting a machine from this millenia, our guy decided to complain directly to Rolf about how the "thousand upon thousands" of horses was crapping him out so badly that it was impossible to play Wurm. Of course, instead of making a logical decision, Rolf thought up the brain fart called animal ratio and implemented it before the dev team was able to stop him

• Like 8

ITT: People who don't remember what deeds looked like before the ratio.