Sign in to follow this  
RedBaron_Johan

News Update: Work And Progress. Week 15

Is this server meant for the new player influx after putting the game on Steam?

• Like 4

Norse trolls, Irish gravestones, German housewalls, Japanese shrines, Greek pillars and now Victorian beds and benches. Individually they all look really great, they don't really work as a unit though.

It is a pretty eclectic set.   Just made me think of a new item that brings in yet another style,  totem poles.

Uses fine carpentry on overaged felled tree,  for each 10QL adds a new object on the pole with a 10th object at 95QL.  So effectively there are 10 different poles one for each QL range.

Here's a norse-ified totem pole that might fit the theme a bit better than the standard Pacific Northwest style.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_PYTf-mIqhAI/TA6rKoZzLrI/AAAAAAAAAXE/2EO7N6d5A5o/s1600/totem+2.JPG

On topic, nice new items,  go xanadu etc.

Edited by belthize
  • Like 1

Not until we have finished it to the extent where you can not troll it miss Rose ;)

Not that I do not trust you or anything...

wut, i dont troll things... I turn things to undead and decayed tho ;3 ...

I think the primary concern from existing characters being able to join the new server is that it's putting some of us in limbo. Should I work in my existing deed or get it ready for sale? Tough to plan when you're not sure if you'll get to move or not

• Like 5

nice decorations, the scretivness of the new server's rule set and just how hush hush things are is geting me to beleave wat im assuming is indeed the case.  As long as i find a mine with all ore types, just like i had on exodus and now on indy, ill be happy. :-)

I think the primary concern from existing characters being able to join the new server is that it's putting some of us in limbo. Should I work in my existing deed or get it ready for sale? Tough to plan when you're not sure if you'll get to move or not

Just go into Xanadu and plant signs "claimed". Hey 'claimed' worked in walking dead right? :P

Canopy bed good to use with someone else?  Looks big enough for two...

• Like 2

Fantastic new artwork on the canopy bed and bench! As we get more new items for house use it is starting to remind me of Ultima Online where many items were available to place within houses, which in turn made living within them more enjoyable.

I am not too sure about this player rocking with the boat effect, since I was watching a vid of players boat travel for a long distance and found myself starting to have a queasy stomach after a period of time. So much so that I had to turn it off and do other things to feel well again.

Xanadu and the possibilities of new more remote places to settle away from the maddening crowds. It may be a welcome retreat to settle in some secluded spot there but I will wait patiently until further details are released over time. Speculations run rampant of course but I believe those with a more level headed approach will be little concerned about these dire predictions and the needs of some to be informed without further delay. The virtue of patience is an elusive one which flees swiftly from youths grasp upon it. Can you see it just beyond your outstretched fingertips. Ahhh, too late, missed it once again.

=Ayes=

Basically this is the issue for a lot of us. Depending what the Devs choose for Xanadu, a lot of us might have radically different activities right now if we knew.

If it was going to be connected via ship travel = Making supplies for settling. Portal only? Plan to wrap things up on the old servers.

For a normal server type that's bad enough. But for something as massive as Xanadu obviously we're wondering if something more impactful is on the way regarding servers and the future.

If the answers have been decided on I'd love to see them. But being in limbo isn't terribly fun.

As always thanks for teasing us with yet more new stuff, it's all sounds and looks great, but seriously how about fixing stuff that has been broke forever, like the drake hide helms make them the proper colors or the black drake hide gloves being invisible, or how about fixing pet pathing  or maybe have the sharks you just put in stop breaking fences and walls that are next to the sea.

Or what ever happened to the sheep we were shown over a year ago and don't get me started on bridges.....

You really need to concentrate on polishing what is existing instead of releasing yet another server really wtf....

ok enough standing on the soap box just my 2 cents worth :P

• Like 1

My only wish here is for a low quality map dump of the server, even if it's a test server so we can be in awe on how awesome the new map will be :D

(I severely hope for some awesome mountains with the amount of room we will have!!)

Edited by MetalDragon

Quoted wrong post :(

Edited by Ikeprof

Basically this is the issue for a lot of us. Depending what the Devs choose for Xanadu, a lot of us might have radically different activities right now if we knew.

If it was going to be connected via ship travel = Making supplies for settling. Portal only? Plan to wrap things up on the old servers.

For a normal server type that's bad enough. But for something as massive as Xanadu obviously we're wondering if something more impactful is on the way regarding servers and the future.

If the answers have been decided on I'd love to see them. But being in limbo isn't terribly fun.

Nicely spoken

I really like that wooden bench. Moreso if you pull some magic levers and make that sucker a container and hold a limited amount of stuff in it like a chest. That would really rock.

(Now, get on that!) :)

• Like 1

My only wish here is for a low quality map dump of the server, even if it's a test server so we can be in awe on how awesome the new map will be :D

(I severely hope for some awesome mountains with the amount of room we will have!!)

Yeah,  I hate to be one of those people that complains about free beer when it's not your favorite brand but Rolf's maps tend to be a bit odd from a practical game play standpoint.   For example the inability to fabricate clay coupled with a massive map and no interior water ways and lots of mountains = incredibly sparse population in that area.   Most Wurm maps end up looking a bit like Australia.  Dense pop on the exterior coast, kangaroos in the interior.

In a perfect universe there'd have been 4 or 5 candidate low res map dumps that the players could vote on but I can live with the current universe where we get a big new server what ever it looks like.

Agreed on the mountains,  currently living in the middle of the broadest mountain range on Indy.  I love the deep valleys and ridge line views I have.

Edited by belthize

I expect part of the reason for this new map is to give a map dedicated to bridges. There's is only so much current maps can use bridges. So I expect lots of rivers.

• Like 1

New bed ! great ! 

more furniture pls...

Interiors today houses is.... storeroom look , very ugly :-(

Edit: Wrong Topic

OT:

Looking good, but i dont have anyone to sleep with :( 

Edited by whykillme

Edit: Wrong Topic

OT:

Looking good, but i dont have anyone to sleep with :(

LOL  :D

We can't interact with bed or that bench like sit or lay down on bed?

Bed looks really nice :) !

whykillme you can tug in with me lol

Edited by Willis

Thanks for fixing the toolbelt bug :)

Looking forward to some new stuff :)

Keep at it guys

When new combat update? (my question as always)

Wooden Bench

WoodenBenchS.jpg

Click image for a larger version

There will be no more broken backs pushing heavy stone benches up the stairs ladders.

fixed that for ya  :)

• Like 2

Can you make models for all the items that are missing them first? for example stairs? that will probably get implemented in a few years since nobody complains about the ladders.

I like these new furniture especially that bed! Now I don't need to push two beds together in my master's bedroom lol