Sign in to follow this  
RedBaron_Johan

News Update: Work And Progress. Week 15

LssNW15L.jpg

Hello fellow Wurmians!       

Always a good feeling when Thursday arrives and I get to be the bearer of good news.

Probably many of you are already quite exited about the Xanadu test later but why stop there?

There is plenty to talk about and as I can see no one stopping me I will just go right ahead!

Interior Decoration Work In Progress

Canopy Bed

CanopyBedS.jpg

Click image for a larger version

Show all your friends who is the master of the master bedroom with this bold piece of furniture.

Wooden Bench

WoodenBenchS.jpg

Click image for a larger version

There will be no more broken backs pushing heavy stone benches up the stairs.

A new, neat and more space efficient alternative is soon in your hands.

Boats

Our devs has taken up work on the boats again.

The main focus right now is getting synchronization and collision right.

What you will perceive as the main difference is that you will be following the movement of the boat as it is swaying in the water.

Also being seated with the difference in view that entitles.

Whilst you will be able able to look around, your character will remain bound to its placement in the view of others and vice versa.

The Tutorial Zone

Work is progressing and mainly we now have to make some final adjustments to the tutorial triggers which will automatically pop up at designated areas.

Further is setting the exceptions and doing some work arounds so that animals will not starve and nothing will decay in the zone.

The Chain link fence

Is now being implemented as a craftable item.

It will be dependant upon the Masonry skill.

Requires you to craft a new component called large chain links.

Last component is bricks.

Walls

Started work on to be made available for building at tutorial launch.

ErikNs successful Ninja update.

Managed to shut down the server by mistake by adding great stable code.

This resulted in a highly successful shutdown.

Whilst the server was down he updated it further with some even greater code which solved the issue with the tool belt not being shown on reconnect.

The server was then back in working order better then ever.

Nice save ErikN!

Xanadu

ExpXanaduL.jpg

Click image to go to related thread.

Obviously it is the big and hot news item of the day and we hope you will all participate to really put this new server to the stress test.

I have seen many of you wondering how final this map you will be testing is from what is going to be implemented later.

This is indeed the Xanadu map, as it is currently intended geographically.

The test will be quite important for the last decisions we need to make as performance will be something to take into account.

Anything you will see and perceive with rules, creature representation and permissions is for the purpose of this test only.

So is the starter zones which some has been debating.

Okay, I feel satisfied and have vented enough for one sitting I would say.

I feel confident you Wurmians will keep me talking though with all your questions.

As you might know I am a bit sneaky with my answers sometimes but it is out of necessity, not spite.

So I will be here sneaking around, as long as you

Keep on Wurming!

• Like 19

Love the bench. Unlikely, but looks like there could be storage room in the bottom half.

• Like 1

I guess the number one question of the day is..will everyone have a chance to go to the new server on launch?

Edit: Loved the new furniture too :)

Edited by Kegan

BOATS

The main focus right now is getting synchronization and collision right

YUSS

• Like 1

Any news on the Vynoran Colossus that was previewed many moons ago? :)

I love those canopy beds, going to sleep in style.

Unfortunately I will be missing this stress test by only two hours, but good luck and don't blow up the server!

DAT BED !!!! gimme now

Edit: We need an "occupied" graphic for the beds :P

Edited by Shadz
  • Like 1

Does this mean we're going to get sea-sick now? :D

Lovely new content, by the way. :)

Also, can that canopy bed sleep two, by chance? It appears it could. ;)

Edited by Xallo
  • Like 1

I guess the number one question of the day is..will everyone have a chance to go to the new server on launch?

It would be very helpful if we could get an answer on this

Everyone who is available during 22:00 CEST + 1 hour will get the chance. As long as nothing unexpected happens.

Just keep an eye on the launcher as it will update with the link during that time.

Everyone who is available during 22:00 CEST + 1 hour will get the chance. As long as nothing unexpected happens.

Just keep an eye on the launcher as it will update with the link during that time.

Think they meant once Xanadu is launched. Will it be like P&R and be limited to new accounts or linked to certain servers or open to all servers?

My apologies for not clarifying... I mean when the server is released into production...not today

Not for the test but for the actual launch is what we want to know about...

I know you guys want some hype on the new server but it is causing a bunch of animosity not knowing the details of it like..

1: Will the traders be reworked or just not allowed at all on the new server?

2: Will all the players have access to the new world either by boat or portal?

3: Will it have the same skill set as the freedom servers or pristine clusters or be something new altogether? 

Keeping the big questions unanswered is not helping anyone prepare and i think is a little unfair if you know the answers to this. 

Edited by Kegan
  • Like 1

may we test the tutorial please?

Not until we have finished it to the extent where you can not troll it miss Rose ;)

Not that I do not trust you or anything...

• Like 3

Think they meant once Xanadu is launched. Will it be like P&R and be limited to new accounts or linked to certain servers or open to all servers?

*Inserting sneaky answer*

That is not confirmed as of yet sorry.

*Inserting sneaky answer*

That is not confirmed as of yet sorry.

Just make it the link between P&R. It's a huge server, so a great gap between those who don't want the servers linked, and ofc, it's an actual link so happy wurmians all round.

Not for the test but for the actual launch is what we want to know about...

I know you guys want some hype on the new server but it is causing a bunch of animosity not knowing the details of it like..

1: Will the traders be reworked or just not allowed at all on the new server?

2: Will all the players have access to the new world either by boat or portal?

3: Will it have the same skill set as the freedom servers or pristine clusters or be something new altogether? 

Keeping the big questions unanswered is not helping anyone prepare and i think is a little unfair if you know the answers to this. 

Keep in mind that this is still very much in the testing phase to find how far we can push it and in the end implement it.

I can honestly tell you that even though we have plans they need to be further realized and tested before announcement.

• Like 1

Keep in mind that this is still very much in the testing phase to find how far we can push it and in the end implement it.

I can honestly tell you that even though we have plans they need to be further realized and tested before announcement.

Fair enough i guess but just know that a lot of the players want the chance to move over to this new exciting place but don't want to level up yet another character. The traders i can understand as it was causing a lot of wasted space and i have made a suggestion on them in another thread that might help some but please don't deprive my main the chance to move..heh  :)

http://forum.wurmonline.com/index.php?/topic/99412-traders-broken-or-not/page-2#entry1005692

Edited by Kegan
  • Like 3

Is this server meant for the new player influx after putting the game on Steam?

• Like 2

Norse trolls, Irish gravestones, German housewalls, Japanese shrines, Greek pillars and now Victorian beds and benches. Individually they all look really great, they don't really work as a unit though.

• Like 6

I love the furniture, and would love to be excited about the new server, but I can't be bothered to get excited before I know how it connects to the current servers, if it does at all. And apparently it seems I am one of the minority, who will only go if it isn't connected to any current servers :)

• Like 2

Norse trolls, Irish gravestones, German housewalls, Japanese shrines, Greek pillars and now Victorian beds and benches. Individually they all look really great, they don't really work as a unit though.

Shush. I want that bed.

• Like 1

I know you want to keep some things secrete and some things you have not decided as of yet. However, there must be something you can tell us about why this server is being implemented. Will it be a reworking of the game like epic was to freedom? And if so, in what way (i.e. what is the main idea of this new server)? Will there be significant changes to the code in the way of the engine? If so, will these changes ever make their way to the old world servers?

Any hints, or any new information would be very welcomed by the community. Everyone is ravenous for every little piece of information that you can give. I'm sure that's exactly the way you want it :)

• Like 1