Sign in to follow this  
archer

Changes with Xanadu (fresh start)

Please make Xanadu like Pristine/Release (fresh start), but without possibility to plant Traders to avoid "The Drama".  I know we need place to buy tokens/merchants/sleep powders/magic chests etc., but you can implement "Spirit Traders" who can only sell items (no draining) and who cost for example 1000 Karma to place and then 100/week to maintain. Villagers could work together to maintain Spirit Trader on their deed by completing missions.

Wurm is giving possibility to be real community game, but in other hand it's giving tools to keep players just on their one person deeds without any interactions with other players / deed owners in game*. They just ordering what they need by forum and checking mailbox. What would happen if we get rid of them? Now I'm not trying to get high blacksmithing, because I know, that I can order any 90ql tool for the price of 1k bricks. If we get rid of spirit castles on such a huge server you would make place for a lot more Master Carpenters, Master WeaponSmiths, Master Tanners and for a lot local markets. Even having personal merchant on own deed and letting people to travel and visiting you to get best quality armour/tools/weapons would be great. With real regional veins (except of iron?), if west people would have to travel couple of hours to far east to get gold it would make prices of gold lumps/jewelry different depends on location. Marble and Slate veins would determinate architecture in different parts of Xanadu. If you would let us to make tools/weapons from copper, bronze, brass, tin etc. with (without) small differences of for example speed/durability/imping difficulty you could make iron regional as well.

And one more thing - don't let us to transfer money from old clusters. More real money for Wurm and less huge deeds since server start.

Not really popular suggestions, but I would like to see it ingame.

*I know, that everyone has right to play whatever they like and I know, that I don't have to use "mailboxes", but I need to if I want to sell my items. I just would like Wurm to be more social game with more ingame interaction with other players.

• Like 4

When pristine first open people sell their stuffs on old cluster and bought things on pristine. Hard willing players still just going to pay they way ;) .

Dont add dragons so we can prevent the inevitable forum drama over them

• Like 7

Make dragons respawnable and lower it's loot drastically.

Problem solved.

Edited by Jasmyn
  • Like 7

Maybe Xanadu will use its own separate currency, the "Xan". Earn it by selling to the tokens or buying at the online shop.

Make dragons respawnable and lower it's loot drastically.

Problem solved.

+ lootz distributed by system.

• Like 2

You have to choices basically.  You can let everyone go there with all there coins, characters, goodies, etc. Or make everyone start from scratch no help from the outside.  I think it should be nothing from the outside and make the players start completely from scratch as well as have to buy coin from the shop.  This will actually give funds directly to Rolf and the game to pay for this New Server.  The other way what will happen is many players who have gathered of coin over time or just recently as we have seen will flood the new server with massive deeds and perimeters effectively making it more of the same as in the past when making new servers.  Also do not even allow Traders that will stop the cash grab from new players, coin spent on new deeds, etc.. Get rid of the Dragon bit as well or change it completely to get away from the cash cow grab that happens there as well.

loot distributed by system? what game are u playing. thats not the same game at all.

• Like 1

I would be in favor of 1 respawnable dragon that does not drop hide.  Would eliminate the loot drama while allowing people the oppotunity to see/kill a dragon.

edit:  Would want this along with new dragon model, more like the dragon on the hota statue then the "dog" model.

Edited by Pollo
  • Like 1

You have to choices basically.  You can let everyone go there with all there coins, characters, goodies, etc. Or make everyone start from scratch no help from the outside.  I think it should be nothing from the outside and make the players start completely from scratch as well as have to buy coin from the shop.  This will actually give funds directly to Rolf and the game to pay for this New Server.  The other way what will happen is many players who have gathered of coin over time or just recently as we have seen will flood the new server with massive deeds and perimeters effectively making it more of the same as in the past when making new servers.  Also do not even allow Traders that will stop the cash grab from new players, coin spent on new deeds, etc.. Get rid of the Dragon bit as well or change it completely to get away from the cash cow grab that happens there as well.

So let me get this straight... you want to alienate the loyal player base that has worked for years building skills and force them to start all over *again*.  There is a good portion of folks that just did that a year ago on Pristine/Release... Hell - why don't we just wipe the serves clean *every* year so that everyone's work is for nothing.  So then you'll suggest that these people that don't want to start over (which will be a good number of people) can simply stay on their existing servers forever.  That's a good plan... until you look at the business motivation behind what's happening here.  I'm willing to bet that there will only be one server a year from now - Xanadu.  I highly suspect this is a move towards consolidation.  Bottom line... if you're wanting to continue to bring in revenue, you don't alienate 50% or more of your player base by telling them - "Hey, too bad, you'll have to start over to participate in the biggest server release we've ever had.".  That's a great way of going out of business.  Not that I don't think they're capable of such idiocy - I would just be stunned by it.  The logical conclusion I have come to is... they'll open it to all players to entice them to move, give them 6-12 months of grace period on the old servers before closing them, eliminate Trader draining day 1 on the new server and do whatever they want with uniques.  

Edited by Kruggan
  • Like 4

-1 They did that already its called Pristine and Release this one should be for everyone. 

Edited by Kegan
  • Like 11

Pristine players 100/400  Independence players 110/800  Release players 91/400

Bottom line... if you're wanting to continue to bring in revenue, you don't alienate 50% or more of your player base by telling them - "Hey, too bad, you'll have to start over to participate in the biggest server release we've ever had.".  That's a great way of going out of business. 

Going out of Business?? Seems to me Pristine and Release have the most players of all the new servers accept the oldest one Indy which is much larger to begin with.  I have to call ###### of this because Pristine and Release have actually done much better than the other new servers added.  What Pristine and Release have shown is that more players actually like having a chance from the start and will stay longer if given that chance compared to the other new servers where all players with all high skills went too.

Edited by Uberknot

They have done better... but you expect these people to do it again?  Good luck with that.

Xanadu, the seperate map for steam people? :)

I dont really care if it will be connected or not, just wanna check it for fun.

Old servers got plenty of space as it is.

Pristine players 100/400  Independence players 110/800  Release players 91/400

Going out of Business?? Seems to me Pristine and Release have the most players of all the new servers accept the oldest one Indy which is much larger to begin with.  I have to call ###### of this because Pristine and Release have actually done much better than the other new servers added.  What Pristine and Release have shown is that more players actually like having a chance from the start and will stay longer if given that chance compared to the other new servers where all players with all high skills went too.

Well just get ready you will soon be connected with the rest of the servers and guess what not even a vote to ask, lol

There is no way they will keep anyone out everyone should have a chance to get in the new server. If they place it on one cluster but not the other there will be a huge uproar from one side or the other. These might just be my opinions right now but..we will see i guess. Anyway i am done arguing with you today just get ready it is coming. 

Edited by Kegan

I agree with Kegan.  There is no point in continuing the argument but I think they'd be shooting themselves in the foot by not allowing existing players to transfer there.  I don't care about coin or items... but the time investment for me personally is the place where I draw the line.

• Like 3

+ lootz distributed by system.

/me rolls need on drake while wearing scale muahahaa

• Like 1

They need to remodel traders.  Right now people make enough off them they don't ever have to pay real money ever again.  Yes Rolf gets 50 silver, but after 50 silver they no longer pay.

Frankly Xanadu is too big not to let existing characters go there. Disconnect it like Pristine/Release and it will simply become a ghost town. Suggestions like these really make me wonder if the real scale of the server hasn't gotten through yet, it's 16 times the size of Independence and 64 times!! the size of Pristine. You need as many players as possible to go there so there's enough interaction between players, thus leaving it disconnected from the existing servers makes absolutely no sense.

• Like 1

Really, really getting tired of the newer players wanting the older ones to start over because they feel they need to be able to "compete".

"You have skills higher than me, waaah!!! Start over!"

No dude, just no.

• Like 5

Honestly, I have a crappy char, but somewhat developed it for almost 2 years, and have just one skill above 90, some 70´s and couple of 50´s too, close to get my 5 queue, enough strength to carry some, able to plan/make nice big houses several floors, so why should I go to a place where I need to start even with some random newcomer with 0 gaming time while he/she will probably get better skills than me just because he can play 6 hours more per day than me?

• Like 2

Honestly, I have a crappy char, but somewhat developed it for almost 2 years, and have just one skill above 90, some 70´s and couple of 50´s too, close to get my 5 queue, enough strength to carry some, able to plan/make nice big houses several floors, so why should I go to a place where I need to start even with some random newcomer with 0 gaming time while he/she will probably get better skills than me just because he can play 6 hours more per day than me?

Now I have heard it all!! lol!  Why?  because it will mean more players and more money into the game and more silvers bought that go into the game that's why.  If you can't skill something up quickly now with how easy the game has become....Maybe you should not go into uncharted waters then.