Sign in to follow this  
Artaniss

Is it possible for a new player to have his own place?

hi guys, I want to start playing again, but I would like to be on my own. Is that even possible? I want to be able to get my own home and build it up etc. Last time I played I was on a big lot with other people but never felt as if anything was mine. Is it possible for a new player to start from scratch and have his own little lot where he can build his own home among other things?

Sure, just can not be too picky about where you want to live.  The area around the starter deed on every server  is usually full of people, but get out from there and things thin out quickly.  Depending on the server you may not be able to find all the resources you are going to want close that has not already been taken, but you should be able to find most within reasonable range.  Just have to get out and explore and find what you want.

I would suggest that if you are starting fresh, that you spend time to build up some skills and get some decent equipment/tools before striking it out on your own. The world is harsh and it seems that a new player could not survive very long on their own with out a nearby guard tower or spirit templar to help. I am not saying that it is impossible, I am just saying that things will go really slowly as you will spend most of your play time running away from mobs or running back to your corpse rather than actually building your home.

Get some fight skill (20 is enough to kill a spider/bear/wolf/cat with some gear, be wary of any other mob), get some armour, a weapon, a decent set of tools (all around 40-50ql should be fine), a horse/wagon pulled by horses (very important) and the skill to ride it. 

With this you can strike out on your own with much less issues.

WB

• Like 1

I would suggest that if you are starting fresh, that you spend time to build up some skills and get some decent equipment/tools before striking it out on your own. The world is harsh and it seems that a new player could not survive very long on their own with out a nearby guard tower or spirit templar to help. I am not saying that it is impossible, I am just saying that things will go really slowly as you will spend most of your play time running away from mobs or running back to your corpse rather than actually building your home.

Get some fight skill (20 is enough to kill a spider/bear/wolf/cat with some gear, be wary of any other mob), get some armour, a weapon, a decent set of tools (all around 40-50ql should be fine), a horse/wagon pulled by horses (very important) and the skill to ride it. 

With this you can strike out on your own with much less issues.

WB

What is the best way to do this? I am still relatively new to game. If I started a brand new toon what is best way for me to level up the skills I need in order to venture off on my own?

What about a boat? Can you just sail about the place with your stuff, instead of settling somewhere?

I know you already said that you were part of a larger village and did not feel like things were yours, but villages are an excellent place to start.  Let them know that you intend to strike it out on your own and are looking to get some skills to be able and most villages will give you the help you need (not all, some villages are geared for community spirit).  I assume you are planning to be premium, not that you can not live by yourself as non-premium but it is much more challenging.

A boat is a great way to strike out, and actually safer than a cart.  The major difference will be that you are far more likely to look for homestead spots along the shore with a boat rather than the interior areas that have much more room available normally.

What about a boat? Can you just sail about the place with your stuff, instead of settling somewhere?

Yes. lol

As Pollo sais, the best way to skill up in relative safety is in an existing village. This is a game of goal setting, both short term and long term. You should plan to stay in a village for a set number of weeks, 2 - 4 should be enough depending on how often you play. Make goals, such as... get 20 FS, get 40ql tools, get 50ql weapon and armour, get horses with cart, 21 body control to ride a horse....etc. Then work through your goals and when you are done, you then strike out on your own. During the time you stay there, go adventuring (after you can ride a horse/cart). Explore the area and look for spots to settle. Get to know where guard towers are or deeds that you can use their templars. With time you will get a sense for how to go about starting it out on your own.

Good luck!