Im wondering if the final ruleset will even be in place or if it will be existing ruleset/new map to keep us guessing.

But if when Xanadu launched it allows in already skilled players or coin from outside, that's going to keep away potential new players who wont feel like they get a fresh start with everyone else.

I agree with this completely make them pay through the shop.

It's 21:00 here in the UK. (We're BST right now not GMT)

thanks ...

• Like 1

I agree with this completely make them pay through the shop.

That won't stop them..well me anyway i have more money on my paypal balance than i have in-game. besides why do you care it is 16x the size of independence there is no way (even if everyone went) that it would ever be filled. You can't say you care so much about the game and want everyone to use the shop when you are selling coins yourself. it sounds like you guys are just trying to ruin the fun for everyone but as to why i have no idea. 

Edit: The only thing they need to do is rework the traders and we wont have a bunch of useless deeds anyway and it seems they already have that planned from what i can tell.

Edited by Kegan

this might be the huntingserver soo many asked for soo long time :)
with teleport to/from it, from all startertowns on all servers 
(ofcourse with ability to take the loot home )

also with no chance to set up traders or deeds ( you can allways wish cant you  :wub:     )
no huntingcabins just huge wilderness for all your pleasures :)
go go Rolf...... go wild :):lol:;)

Edited by Maiya
  • Like 3

That won't stop them..well me anyway i have more money on my paypal balance than i have in-game. besides why do you care it is 16x the size of independence there is no way (even if everyone went) that it would ever be filled. You can't say you care so much about the game and want everyone to use the shop when you are selling coins yourself. it sounds like you guys are just trying to ruin the fun for everyone but as to why i have no idea. 

Edit: The only thing they need to do is rework the traders and we wont have a bunch of useless deeds anyway and it seems they already have that planned from what i can tell.

Rolf is going to need money up front for this one to pay for the servers.  If someone wants a massive deed and perimeter they should pay through the shop to support Rolf , The Game, and the New Server.   Allowing all the gold and coin to be brought from the other servers will only serve to lessen the amount of actual money Rolf can make to cover Xanadu,  Why should it be about giving old players who have stocked up items. gold, eu, etc from playing the game for years an opportunity to take control of the server again?

As we saw with Pristine and Release allowing coin to be brought in from the main servers only makes it that much easier for those who are making money off the game and not buying coin from the shop at all to grab large chunks of land and plant traders all over the landscape,   It's Rolf choice on this and I am sure he took notes on how the Population and the rest of it went the first months when Pristine/Release were opened.   Anyhow if you really support Wurm and want the game to succeed you won't mind paying through the shop for coin at all.

• Like 2

also with no chance to set up traders or deeds ( you can allways wish cant you  :wub:     )

There is no way he would do that unless he charges for you to go. There would be no income from the server that way it is not going to be just for hunting.

lets spend countless hours and manpower to make a new server but not have anyway for it to generate income..i just can not see this ever happening.  

Edited by Kegan

We had some invasions from well known sites in the past that stress-tested the old servers rather good, perhaps you should poke those about this ;)

I guess we will not get more than 300 players online. Really bad time and just for one hour? Why are you making a test for one hour makes no sense

I guess we will not get more than 300 players online. Really bad time and just for one hour? Why are you making a test for one hour makes no sense

They might run it longer than the hour but they want everyone there at the same time i guess and with the livestream i am sure they don't want a 3-4 hour livestream of it.  

• Like 1

well since traders will be (if i read Rolf right ) redesign sooner or later atleast those shouldnt be able to plant there
deeds, if those should be able to be placed, should only be able by shopmoney
Everything you wanted to be able to do there shold only be able to do by shopmoney
meaning dont let bankaccount go with players up to new server
let them tp up to new server with only those weapon and armor they carry on body, inventory completly empty
need healingcover? go forage/botanize and make them
let people pay for the tp up , give some Money , but that is only money from players pockets and that is only a moneysink  since those only bought ones in shop
unless its a all new player that buy his/hers money from shop
im sure the day this server is ready for all they have come up with something  new or old to gain money to new cost for game

I read Think big in a post from PR earlier so lets Think big about this new Place
not sure it only will be run like the other servers we got earlier
i think this Place hang up in air, not seen from below with onlyone way up and its trough a tp from all startertowns from all servers
one day we all will know what  this new Place is

This became, in Coleridge's poem:
In Xanadu did Kubla KhanA
stately pleasure-dome decree:
Where Alph, the sacred river, ran
Through caverns measureless to man
Down to a sunless sea.

So twice five miles of fertile ground
With walls and towers were girdled round
:And here were gardens bright with sinuous rills,
Where blossomed many an incense-bearing tree;
And here were forests ancient as the hills,
Enfolding sunny spots of greenery.

that could mean a startertown build up as only deed on a huge new server ;)

Traders gave rolf a ton of income over the years as so many bought them to farm them. Some of u wanting to wipe traders off the map, Sure, you do that, remember this a 16x the size of indy map, takes 1 full day from 1 side of indy to the other @ 20kmh.  So ya wanna spend a week finding a starter trader, ahh wait, remove them, got no way to form a deed as wouldnt be fair to havem on the starter deed. pfft. its gonna take us that farm our traders to buy new ones, spread them out all over the new server and let locals get wat they need from them, Without us people will get very angry over the long walks/runs. Cuz rite now, 20 kmh, will take 1 full week or more to go from 1 side to the other of the new server. Some of ya i seriously question your ability to use common sense..lol

Traders gave rolf a ton of income over the years as so many bought them to farm them. Some of u wanting to wipe traders off the map, Sure, you do that, remember this a 16x the size of indy map, takes 1 full day from 1 side of indy to the other @ 20kmh.  So ya wanna spend a week finding a starter trader, ahh wait, remove them, got no way to form a deed as wouldnt be fair to havem on the starter deed. pfft. its gonna take us that farm our traders to buy new ones, spread them out all over the new server and let locals get wat they need from them, Without us people will get very angry over the long walks/runs. Cuz rite now, 20 kmh, will take 1 full week or more to go from 1 side to the other of the new server. Some of ya i seriously question your ability to use common sense..lol

Rolf already said traders will be removed and instead they will be replaced with something else :P

Rolf said EXSISTING traders were going to stay the same for now.  I fully imagine they will work differently on xanadu, or yeah, we will see the initial rush we saw with pristine where having a trader early nets you HUGE profits.

Traders gave rolf a ton of income over the years as so many bought them to farm them. Some of u wanting to wipe traders off the map, Sure, you do that, remember this a 16x the size of indy map, takes 1 full day from 1 side of indy to the other @ 20kmh.  So ya wanna spend a week finding a starter trader, ahh wait, remove them, got no way to form a deed as wouldnt be fair to havem on the starter deed. pfft. its gonna take us that farm our traders to buy new ones, spread them out all over the new server and let locals get wat they need from them, Without us people will get very angry over the long walks/runs. Cuz rite now, 20 kmh, will take 1 full week or more to go from 1 side to the other of the new server. Some of ya i seriously question your ability to use common sense...

It doesn't take an entire day to go from one side of the server to the other, It just takes not being stonewalled by a mountain. You can sail the length of indy in about two-three hours max so the new map will take a day. Why shouldn't it though.

The idea of this is good, but the idea thats its completely safe from other players is far from good :(

Don't forget to get your test server client files updated beforehand so the files are up to date and ready to go..

>http://www.wurmonlin...lient_test.jnlp

The way i understand it all that will be needed later is a new launcher patch after they give it but you will need the test files up to date too. 

• Like 1

64x64km isn't big enough IMO.

Dark and Light (an old and now retired mmo) used to be 40,000 square kilometers, which works out to 200x200km.

Yeah, 64x64km is better than the paltry 'sandbox' that is my server (Deliverance), but all I'm saying is that I've had better ;)

They don't want that many testers for this first run.

I guess you guys will be posting the twitch on the Wurm YouTube channel for the ones that miss it? Twitch does not work well with the outdated isp in my area. 

Edited by Kegan

He'll never release a server like that.... it wont make him any money

He'll never release a server like that.... it wont make him any money

With a large enough server it might be able to support areas like that like steppe and tundra areas maybe but i agree a server of its own i don't ever see happening. 

• Like 1

Don't forget to get your test server client files updated beforehand so the files are up to date and ready to go..

>http://www.wurmonlin...lient_test.jnlp

The way i understand it all that will be needed later is a new launcher patch after they give it but you will need the test files up to date too. 

If there is a separate test server client being used, shouldn't folks have been 'officially' informed of this a bit prior so that everyone can get it downloaded and updated BEFORE the test is set to begin?

Or maybe the new client for Xanadu will be different from the regular test client entirely.

Do you actually KNOW for a fact that this will be using the regular test client, or is it merely guess and/or speculation?

Do we have to start new characters to play on it or will we be able to boat over?  It's very appealing but the idea of giving up all the work I've done on my character over the last 2 years is not appealing at all...especially with enclosure changes...