Might consider this Epic :)

Lets hope server don't crash or lag too much.

What resource packs will that special client use? Should we pre-download the test client packs?

Only up for an hour ? Really ? 22:00 CEST is currently 20:00 here in the Uk right ? My brain hurts and I don't wanna miss it.

Ah im so confused... more coffee

Edited by Willis

Ain't cest same as GMT now ;) ?

No it's the other way around CET is GMT+1, CEST is GMT+2

well but less than 10h we all are more wiser about the new server :)

I doubt the one hour will provide enough time for players to be "spreading through a big map", though.

Unfortunately in my opinion it'll be more limited to testing the performance of the client and server with a large number of characters crowded into a smaller area of a server map.  Simply put,one hour is not enough time for players to either (1) construct boats to sail around to the furthest regions or (2) travel in large numbers by land across the map as likely wild horses will be in short supply at initial spawn and certainly none will be bred to give more characters mounts to ride.  In addition, no roads will have been constructed to enable added land travel speed.

It's a good test for having a large number of characters connected in a crowded region, just perhaps not adding in the amount of time required to allow a good test of a huge map for the performance limits of a map of that size. 

Just my own personal opinion.

• Like 2

They want to test a mass of players (hundreds or even thousands) spreading through a big map. None of the things you mention do that.

uhhhhhhhhh

how can you get 1000 people into a server from a low pop game, in a hour window

assuming there is 4 spawn points, if 500 try the server and are randomly assigned, the client will crash with the numbers, making the whole thing meaningless

• Like 1

[11:18:28] You create a pair of roller skates.

I'm ready !

• Like 6

*don't feed the troll*    :P  ;)

uhhhhhhhhh

how can you get 1000 people into a server from a low pop game, in a hour window
assuming there is 4 spawn points, if 500 try the server and are randomly assigned, the client will crash with the numbers, making the whole thing meaningless

This will be fun ^^

Edited by Syrann

I doubt the one hour will provide enough time for players to be "spreading through a big map", though.

Unfortunately in my opinion it'll be more limited to testing the performance of the client and server with a large number of characters crowded into a smaller area of a server map.  Simply put,one hour is not enough time for players to either (1) construct boats to sail around to the furthest regions or (2) travel in large numbers by land across the map as likely wild horses will be in short supply at initial spawn and certainly none will be bred to give more characters mounts to ride.  In addition, no roads will have been constructed to enable added land travel speed.

It's a good test for having a large number of characters connected in a crowded region, just perhaps not adding in the amount of time required to allow a good test of a huge map for the performance limits of a map of that size. 

Just my own personal opinion.

It'll be hard enough to get away from the lag at spawn that no one will be able to get the BC to ride a horse within an hour I expect!

Looking forward to it, I for one do hope that this will be a stable test and gives some useful information to the devs.

• Like 1

CEST is CET plus daylight savings.
That means that in 9,5 hours from I posted this is the test.

Will the new server be connected to any current servers or will it be a stand alone, since its so huge?

No cookie I am afraid ;)

Well it will be for a limited time only. Probably just an hour.

We want to really stress the server and focus everybody going online at the same time.

Sry but i can't join the test if there is no cookies. This is simply unacceptable 

You should have get this posted in several mmorpg portals if you want to have a nice flow of testers :P

No cookie I am afraid ;)

Well it will be for a limited time only. Probably just an hour.

We want to really stress the server and focus everybody going online at the same time.

Make it 2 hours, I'm still rallying my friends to come help test it. >: D

I love how people talk about getting the bc to ride a horse.

Umm, exactly how would you do that within one hour?  It takes days normally unless there is some trick I am unaware of.

I think of what people want to see other than the map is to determine the ruleset changes if possible.

• Like 1

Why didn't you just post a timer Johan? :P

Good Point!

auction_timer_1397160016.gif

(and let's hope I didn't miscalculate =P)

Edited by Aeris

I love how people talk about getting the bc to ride a horse.

Umm, exactly how would you do that within one hour?  It takes days normally unless there is some trick I am unaware of.

I think of what people want to see other than the map is to determine the ruleset changes if possible.

Can do it in a day.

You should have get this posted in several mmorpg portals if you want to have a nice flow of testers :P

They don't want to have a lot of testers, that's why they are going to test it on a weekday while most people are at work, like me.

Edited by Jasmyn

i will be there. Sounds exciting !

i'd really like to know the purpose of this new server, if we can build, if it will be connected to existing clusters, if we have to start new toons to play on it, and if we do, is it normal or different learning curve and if this new server is pvp or pve only.

They are testing on a weekday, nonUS primetime at least, and only 1 hour, and announced day of test.

They don't want that many testers for this first run.