ExpXanaduL.jpg

Thursday 10/4 at 22.00 hrs CEST we will test Xanadu, our new Mega Sized PvE Server.

We want you to join in and help us out!

The time for testing the new server is already here!

So in preparation for this there are some things you probably should know.

At the designated time we will post the link to launch the test directly in the current game launcher so it will be easy to find.

After you have chosen a random nickname and password for yourself you will be teleported to one of several starting locations.

The character you create will only exist during the extent of the test and has no affect on any earlier character with the same name.

Please tell as many people you know as possible to try this out as we really want to put it to the test!

The size we are testing is 16 times the size of our current largest servers.

Our current largest servers are 16×16 kilometers, and this new map is 64×64 kilometers, or 4096 square kilometers, non-instanced, single zone fully modifiable, living terrain!
We want to test how many players can be on the server simultaneously and how bad the lag gets on the client and server under this heavy load.

There will also be 50 000 creatures roaming the wilderness (which is a fairly low population in Wurm terms).

NO REGISTRATION WILL BE REQUIRED FOR JOINING THE TEST!

You will just have to type your desired nickname and a random password and click play once we provide the link to the client used for the test.

Apart from the fact that no other MMO has ever launched a modifyable map of this size, running this many players in one game zone is pretty unusual in itself and will be an interesting experience.

We strongly suggest you join in.

We will livestream the event on www.twitch.tv/codeclub.

In case all goes well we’ll consider releasing the server within a few weeks after some more testing and tweaking.

We will post a link to the game client used for these tests on our launcher and in the news section of the web site approximately half an hour before the test goes live.

Note that this test will last approximately one hour and the server will be made unavailable afterwards and the database will probably be wiped.

Hope you can make it!

/The Wurm Online Team

Test starts in : auction_timer_1397160028.gif

Edited by Seara
Added countdown
  • Like 20

Oh will there be cookies!

Even if there are no cookies, still sounds like fun, for about how log do you think the server will be up for testing?

Very cool, looking forward to testing out the new servers. Hopefully everything goes smoothly :)

Just when i travelled halfway across europe to get to my grandmother's funeral i'll be without a proper PC for at least until early next week... Hope you don't plan to release it to the live servers that soon. 

Even if there are no cookies, still sounds like fun, for about how log do you think the server will be up for testing?

No cookie I am afraid ;)

Well it will be for a limited time only. Probably just an hour.

We want to really stress the server and focus everybody going online at the same time.

Looking forward to participating in this event. 

Fingers crossed for a smooth launch.

Edited by TheMerchant

Sounds like fun!!  You should turn on the insta-skill and item spawners; and instant-priests if possible... Really get the graphics effects going.

If I'm awake, I'll be there.

So if this works well, what are your plans? Will it be connected to any other freedom servers? Start from scratch?

Will uniques still be able to be penned? (hope not)

I'd like respawning uniques that doesn't drop so much, or anything at all.

Many times I have seen new players asking for dragons: sorry, they are either penned or dead.

So excited!

Edited by Sharkin

edit: actual size >.<

uDSVJnR.jpg

Edited by Aum
  • Like 3

Holy crap that's quite large, I can't wait to see this in game.

had to get an idea how big this thing is gonna be!

the small square is inde

NhsRbiS.jpg

large version: http://i.imgur.com/FYkM14x.jpg

Inde is 4 kilometer by 4 kilometer, Xanadu is 16km x 16km. So it's 4 inde large x 4 inde long (16 times the size of inde), not 16 inde x 16 inde (256 times the size of inde).

Edited by Serpentarius
  • Like 1

had to get an idea how big this thing is gonna be!

the small square is inde

NhsRbiS.jpg

large version: http://i.imgur.com/FYkM14x.jpg

This is wrong. The new server is 64x64 km so it's 4x4 indie maps. What you show here is 16x16 indie maps which is 256x256km

I will bring mycellium cookies!

like I don't really get this.

if you want to test the engine and how many players it can handle, go look at the impalong or the recent epic PVP battle.

if you want to generate hype, shouldn't the server be up for more than 1 hour?

buddha says the map has some interesting features, but how is it possible to explore and look at a map of that size in 1 hour?

oh, and in before the ddos

• Like 4

Here's a correct representation of the size:

1NecdVR.png

• Like 2

Inde is 4 kilometer by 4 kilometer, Xanadu is 16km x 16km. So it's 4 inde large x 4 inde long (16 times the size of inde), not 16 inde x 16 inde (256 times the size of inde).

You shoulg get some math lessons. Indie is a square 4x4 - the field is 16. New serwer has 16x16 so field 256 and it is 16 times larger.

if you want to test the engine and how many players it can handle, go look at the impalong or the recent epic PVP battle.

They want to test a mass of players (hundreds or even thousands) spreading through a big map. None of the things you mention do that.

You shoulg get some math lessons. Indie is a square 4x4 - the field is 16. New serwer has 16x16 so field 256 and it is 16 times larger.

And you should get some reading lessons  :rolleyes:

You should take reading comprehension lesson.

• Like 1