Sign in to follow this  
chachajenkins

Tobacco

No, for reasons others have already explained.

For those concerned with the issue of smoking, consider this.. Lord of the rings online has pipe weed breeding/farming/smoking.. This is the 5th largest mmorpg or whatever. It's age range is 8+... It's not gotten in trouble..

Make it have traits like horses. This Crop has a certain hue to it ( makes the smoke purplish) etc etc, make it so that you can breed plants features like your character blows smoke rings when using it, or a heart, a dragon, etc. nice magically cosmetic things for fun.

That would be kinda cool.  For some reason i had hobbit's in my mind reading the smoke shapes  ;)

+1 to more crops (coffee and hot chocolate especially)  Bees would be nice to (for honey)

As far as worrying about things age-related and/or mature... you realize there's already walking dead, human sacrifice, and human cannibalism ingame right?

Heck one can even use zombies in breeding... even humans at one point (things got weird then, I'll grant you).

Aside from the fact we are hacking and whacking at each other with edged and blunt objects... not exactly gentle and peaceful ways of dying.

Edited by Klaa
  • Like 1

For those concerned with the issue of smoking, consider this.. Lord of the rings online has pipe weed breeding/farming/smoking.. This is the 5th largest mmorpg or whatever. It's age range is 8+... It's not gotten in trouble..

As far as worrying about things age-related and/or mature... you realize there's already walking dead, human sacrifice, and human cannibalism ingame right?

Heck one can even use zombies in breeding... even humans at one point (things got weird then, I'll grant you).

Aside from the fact we are hacking and whacking at each other with edged and blunt objects... not exactly gentle and peaceful ways of dying.

Exactly.

• Like 1

Maybe people really think smoking is more violent and bad for children than gutting a man *shrugs*

+1.  I don't think it would be a PR issue or anything.  And what's the issue with Wemp?  I know it's like hemp, but honestly, people are stupid about hemp.

• Like 4

I am against the concept of tobacco for one main reason - I see no purpose on implementing something that doesn't do anything. If we were going for pure visuals, this would have my support, but the fact that you 'smoke' it to no effect seems pointless.

I am against the concept of tobacco for one main reason - I see no purpose on implementing something that doesn't do anything. If we were going for pure visuals, this would have my support, but the fact that you 'smoke' it to no effect seems pointless.

Just like the massive productivity and socially changing dynamics of playing video games?

just saying   ;)

combine with papyrus and wemp to make a rolled joint?

new rolling skill?

You could make the Tobacco decrease your food% consumption.  Or something.  I'm sure we could think of a use for it.  :P

So you don't want any new furniture too? The new bench is likely to be nothing but decoration, as is every furniture except beds.

A pipe would be decoration to your character.

So you don't want any new furniture too? The new bench is likely to be nothing but decoration, as is every furniture except beds.

A pipe would be decoration to your character.

I support the idea of having a pipe, I just don't see any point to smoking with that pipe.

It makes you look 23 percent more attractive to the opposite sex, could be used with low ql wine and doorways for "stern pyke stare" emote.

+1

Add some papyrus and roll cigars, now we need to figure out which deed is the Havana of wurm

Papyrus? uh? well  just roll the tobocco leaf to make a cigar :D papyrus + tobocco would give cigarette :D

Much like "wemp", tobacco has many uses besides just smoking it.  It has many medicinal properties and was used to treat snake bites, so we could use tobacco for healing covers and such.

Of course it's a great barter item as well, anything that helps this games anemic economy is fine by me.

To the person claiming it would be a "PR disaster", this isn't exactly World of Warcraft.  Does Wurm even get media coverage?

• Like 1

If you guys are so worried about PR, just call it Wobacco. 

• Like 1