Sign in to follow this  
Moridrid

Quality problems storing thatch in BSB

I've been making a lot of thatch over the past few days (trying to get thatching skill up to 21 to finally be able to make roofs, but that is a different topic!). I am storing all of my thatch in a bulk storage bin. One thing I've noticed is that the quality of the stored thatch is changing a lot with the thatch that I drop in there. For instance, even when I have 200 stored thatch with ql 40, one more thatch with low quality will drop the quality of the stored thatch disproportionally. It feels like it is more or less taking the average quality of the stored thatch and the average quality of the dropped thatch and dividing this by 2, not accounting for the amount of thatch already stored..  I don't know if anyone can confirm this?

If you drop 1 or a few higher ql in does it increase it in the same way it lowers it in the BSB?

It sounds similar to the string of cloth issue.

Yes it does, I am able to make the whole load of stored thatch higher quality by dropping a single high ql thatch in the bsb.

Sounds like nice cheat, ehm, I mean feature.

I'm used to store things in 10 BSBs sorted by QL range, 0-9, 10-19, ..., 90-99. That solve most of problems with unwanted drop or raise of QL.

I know it is not extra smart solution, but it works fine for me.