Sign in to follow this  
Wox

Peekaboo I can see into your Deed!

As long as you can't enter the deed in such a way it is fine

How does it look with multiple walls in a row over 60 damage? I'm afraid it might look very repetitive.

Can we get a pic with 3-5 walls with the damage on them?

While you are working on the tall stone wall is there anyway we can get a tall stone wall with a gate in it? Sometimes we need a tile boarder gate instead of a 1x1 gatehouse and none of the gates we have go well with them and keeps your privacy.

qUMTqot.jpg

eEFU8SU.jpg

• Like 7

Pvp wise it is just fine, the question is if you are able to fight/archer trough these holes.

Nope no fight/archer through the holes!

I love the second one. Looks amazing! :)

If the gap is not actually passable it shouldn't be large enough to give that impression, in my humble opinion.

If the gap is not actually passable it shouldn't be large enough to give that impression, in my humble opinion.

This

It's a small issue, but someone who doesn't realise it is going to run into an invisible wall when they try and move between what can look like two separate models, like in the shot with the long grass.

Toss me into the "i like it but the gap is too big" group.

Decayed walls should show cracks in the surface, a loss of color and moss/vines growing over it, not gaps. Perhaps crumbling tops with missing parts of the battlement. Having the holes gives people the wrong impression of being able to use the hole in some way (get your mind out of the gutter).

How does it look with multiple walls in a row over 60 damage? I'm afraid it might look very repetitive.

This - I'm sure it will look awful unless you add 2-3 variations that are displayed at random.

Wox, may I suggest a tad more decay to the top of the wall? Those are usually the parts that go first.

Why is everyone complaining about the size of the visible gap when this game already has impassable obstacles in the form of low stone walls, wooden fences, and rope fences?  Based on looks alone none of those should stop you from passing them but that mechanic is accepted because it's needed for gameplay reasons.  Cracked and damaged wall models are useful to alert you when a wall needs repair and they add to the aesthetics of decaying ruins.

LMAO at the people who are saying that damage model looks "massive like you can walk right through it."  To me it looks far too tiny to fit anything through it.

LMAO at the people who are saying that damage model looks "massive like you can walk right through it."  To me it looks far too tiny to fit anything through it.

The picture got changed, the one that was shown before had a much bigger gap. 

Kep in mind thatthis is above 60% damage, meaning the wall is already more than halway gone. It should look the part.

However it shouldn't appear passable when it is not. The current model seems just about right to impart both images.

I think there should be a progressive damage instead of just one graphic.

@50 % damage - show small cracks

@60% damage - have the top of the wall show crumble

@80% damage - small holes

@ 90% - huge holes that can attack through but not walk through

Afaik it takes moss and cracks at lower damage, or is that only with the other walls?

Edited by Keldun

Yep. Definitely looking good. I especially like those hairline fracture cracks. Can't wait to run into them in game.

Looks good. Maybe add some vines to it to make it look neglected, but that's just aesthetic.