Sign in to follow this  
Wox

Peekaboo I can see into your Deed!

Hey thats a nice idea, they could put vines or a bush in those cracks to make it more obvious its not passable.

Nice, what about palisade walls they need some holes too :-)

Nice, what about palisade walls they need some holes too :-)

Woodwurm?

Looking at the current picture, the edges of the hole in the wall are very jagged and imo looks very unrealistic. As others have pointed out, the way a stone wall like this would decay is that the mortar would break down and the stone bricks would start to come loose. I'd imagine with a wall like this a general sagging of the wall with possibly a number of bricks fallen out and lying on the floor. Most likely these would have fallen from the top leaving a shallow V or U shape missing from the top section. The damage on house stone walls fits quite well with the shape of the bricks iirc so this tall stone wall damage should be adjusted to match that look.

I really like the vine idea. I know there other graphical projects more important now, but if you are ever bored Wox (although I doubt you ever are), perhaps you can slap some on.

Ā 

It looks great already, though!

Maybe a little more cracked wood so it looks like the small support beams have been damaged, other than that, great work!

Ā 

Edit: Chances are if a wall of that strength was damaged by something, the wooden beams would be damaged by shock force be it a catapult, maul, etc.

Edited by Goblinking

its a bit difficult to find the right graphics, becuse decay and destruction use the same damage meter in wurm.

Ā 

It's alwys weird that a stone wall grows moss when you only hit it often enough. Same for the rot on wood.

I know this discussion is about walls but its been quite a while now since multistory has been added. We still have Forges and Ovens sticking through our floors. Since I know myself and others want to be able to keep the chimneys protruding on single story or tops of multistory (so we can see our smoke puff away)Ā but don't want them sticking through floors. Could we not get a toggle on forges and ovens that we can selectĀ a option to display a forge/oven with tall chimney or one that cuts off at the bottom of the floor above?

• Like 1

+1

I was out hunting and saw this model of a section in a Tall Wall. It looks so nice. ItsĀ even better than fully repaired look. Coz it sort of change the monotony to a long wall.

Yep. I finally saw a decaying wall in game as well and it looked great. You can tell right away what's going on with the wall. It adds this "ruins" feel to the game. Nifty.

While you are working on the tall stone wall is there anyway we can get a tall stone wall with a gate in it? Sometimes we need a tile boarder gate instead of a 1x1 gatehouse and none of the gates we have go well with them and keeps your privacy.

qUMTqot.jpg

eEFU8SU.jpg

This is clever!