Sign in to follow this  
Wox

Peekaboo I can see into your Deed!

Before I add the damaged/decayed Tall stone wall I want to share it with you.

If you have any problems with it (mainly pvp players I presume) let me know.

(removed old image)

The model swap to damaged model kicks in when the damage are 60 or more! (same as house walls)!

tallwalldecay_02.png

• Like 35

I really like it, the only slight qualm I have is that it's massive and looks like you could just walk through it, which you won't be able to. lol

Heh I don't see any problem with it, 60 damage is quite a significant amount anyway.

looks good to me ;) even though i agree it looks like we can crawl through it

I think it looks good and it will encourage people to maintain their walls if they want privacy.

big +1

great job!

At the moment the damaged tall stone walls look almost like normal ones.

Haha I love this. I'd love to see what's on the other side of walls once they start decaying.

I would say more fractures and less gaping hole.

it gives the illusion that you could walk through.

• Like 2

Agree with joojoo. It looks good except the part it looks like you can slip in :P

As long as you can't enter the deed in such a way it is fine

Wox, This brings up a related point that for a long time I have not appreciated, that is these damage effects showing up at 60 decay. I have a lot of low stone walls that I let decay completely away (or 1-2 bashes) before rebuilding them. In the meantime at 60 damage they have this ugly yellow taint to them. The same goes for other fencing and walls that show this decay type of graphic. I think it would be much better to start to show this decay at say 80 damage. This would still give plenty of time available to those who seem to rely upon this graphic to repair these walls and fencing. It would also then eliminate this blight upon the lands of decay showing on walls and fencing for this needless extended period of time. Time for a change from the old ways to a more pleasing effect with a shorter decay damage range starting at 80 damage, says I.

=Ayes=

Gives attackers a visual advantage which is good. Only problem I expect is people will demand to be able to shoot arrows through the gap because obviously there's a gaping hole in there. If this happens then it's a nerf to defenders trying to repair tall stone walls as they can be stopped every action by an arrow.

• Like 1

I think its great and totally legit if someone lets their walls get to 60 damage.

Can we pass through that gap ?

Keep dreaming ;-)

I like it. Another option would be to have the damage be not in the middle of the wall, like in the screenshot, but more on the top. That's how walls usually decay. Their stuccos go first and then they slowly crumble from the top. The image above looks more like a precision ballista punched right through it. And since in Wurm, you would not be able to pass through that hole or fire a bow through it, the top-down damage may work better.

Still, visually, this looks great and if you decide to implement this version, it will definitely add to the game. Visibly decaying walls are the way to go!

Gives attackers a visual advantage which is good. Only problem I expect is people will demand to be able to shoot arrows through the gap because obviously there's a gaping hole in there. If this happens then it's a nerf to defenders trying to repair tall stone walls as they can be stopped every action by an arrow.

Meh who cares about them.

Wall looks fine.

I would say more fractures and less gaping hole.

it gives the illusion that you could walk through.

this!

Wox, This brings up a related point that for a long time I have not appreciated, that is these damage effects showing up at 60 decay. I have a lot of low stone walls that I let decay completely away (or 1-2 bashes) before rebuilding them. In the meantime at 60 damage they have this ugly yellow taint to them. The same goes for other fencing and walls that show this decay type of graphic. I think it would be much better to start to show this decay at say 80 damage. This would still give plenty of time available to those who seem to rely upon this graphic to repair these walls and fencing. It would also then eliminate this blight upon the lands of decay showing on walls and fencing for this needless extended period of time. Time for a change from the old ways to a more pleasing effect with a shorter decay damage range starting at 80 damage, says I.

=Ayes=

How about a in-game option to "disable" damaged?

80% is way to close for some qualitys, a 20-30ql at 80% damage is like, 2 days.

I like the cracked tall stone wall :)

And I also like that we are being consulted for a change that might affect PvP unlike when other features are implemented.

+1

Wox is just waving something shiny to distra...

Ooooo shiiiney

• Like 4