Sign in to follow this  
Morthaz

New Animals

You should expand the animal breeds a little more. Like adding in ducks that lays eggs for cooking (along with the chickens), sheep for wool, goats for various things, moose for the same thing as a bison or horse ( maybe even mounted antlers for candles or what not. Male deer with antlers that can be made into knives or other things. You should add more variety for the places. Make it to where they are maybe rare to other islands but not other certain islands.

For example; a moose is more for mountains and swampy places that has a cold temp to it like Alaska. But you won't see a moose in England or Russia (I think). So it'd be interesting to have for a merchant ship sailing from one island to another selling their goods.

• Like 3

This has been suggested quite a few times before. That, however, does not diminish your suggestion in any way. I also agrree that having more animals would bring more joy.

The way I noticed implementation of new items works in Wurm, at least of late, is that they are released only when related systems are ready. Take rice, for instance. It was made by the developers a while ago, but they didn't release it till it could be farmed and it had uses and recipes to go along with it. This way, rice came in as a viable addition to the game. It may be the same with animals. Maybe they are working on a goat or two already :)

In any case, whether my optimism will be realized or not, it's still a good idea to revisit this suggestion from time to time, to show that players are - in fact - interested.

• Like 1

I agree with you alot on your comments i have suggested along with others this multiple times. The moose thing is new and would certainly be cool . Personally war elephants and maybe more breeds of horses/dogs.

Like plough horses for carts that are able to get certain traits

Then throughbreds that can get more speed traits than other horses.

Then fight dogs vs lap dogs :P.

• Like 1

+1 to adding turtles, and other kinds of animals too, specially if they are not just spin offs of animals we already have

• Like 2

While it would be nice to see a bit more variety in Wurm, there needs to be purpose for the animals. I get sheep with their wool as it would add effectively a cotton alternative for animals. But a moose, for example, is effectively a combination of a deer and a horse - not really bringing anything new to the table.

• Like 1

Yes bp19086, thus adding something such as a Moose would be a relatively small job compared to something like Sheep where alot of thinking needs to go behind it, associated items/crafts etc.

New to the table would be a new animal.. a moose. More is surely better here?

Edited by Rodriguez
  • Like 1

To introduce new animals over time would add more nice variety to the lands for those who enjoy keeping them. Probably the domestic animal cap puts restrictions on this idea since the populations of other varieties would have to be reduced to accommodate new species.

=Ayes=

I'd love so many new animals.

Biomes, too. where only certain animals could be found. It'd be awesome.

• Like 1

I'd like to see more animals but not just domestic or normal animals - would like to see more fantasy creatures (to the next person who argues to me this isn't a fantasy game just look at the wurm used as the icon)

just off the top of my head

the Halloween animals like moving tree or the wraiths added

even some elemental based series like the lava fiend - wind fiend - water fiend - earth fiend - shadow fiend- to expand on whats already in game

You should expand the animal breeds a little more. Like adding in ducks that lays eggs for cooking (along with the chickens), sheep for wool, goats for various things, moose for the same thing as a bison or horse ( maybe even mounted antlers for candles or what not. Male deer with antlers that can be made into knives or other things. You should add more variety for the places. Make it to where they are maybe rare to other islands but not other certain islands.

For example; a moose is more for mountains and swampy places that has a cold temp to it like Alaska. But you won't see a moose in England or Russia (I think). So it'd be interesting to have for a merchant ship sailing from one island to another selling their goods.

+1 on more animals... but um well you can meet moose in russia (in some parts it has same climate as alaska) moreover i've seen moose in uk too. Moreover mooses are spoted anywhere from cold to temperate climate only hot and wet climates are moose free. Swampy placec.. ok but not mountains, deep forests rather.

I agree too, we need more passive animals spawning in the wilderness.  I think the sheep idea for wool is the excellent! We would also need new items for this to clean the wool, and a shepherd's crook.

I agree with adding more animals to the game for the question that was brought reguarding the moose I had a idea bout that make it for game hunting ie production of meat per the weight of animal for instance a youngling wouldn't produce much meat pelts etc were as a older moose would produce more mayb a thought? +1

Add Kangaroos.... Not only that let them jump over your fences and trash all your crops too :D

+1, but they really need to fix the animals we have first. 

+1 to more stuff.

Add Kangaroos.... Not only that let them jump over your fences and trash all your crops too :D

Need drop bears too.

Edited by belthize

But a moose, for example, is effectively a combination of a deer and a horse - not really bringing anything new to the table.

I see someone slept through biology class....  :P

At least 7,000 moose are harvested annually in Alaska, amounting to about 3.5 million pounds of meat.

In 2007, Alaskans took home 90 percent of the 7,400 total moose harvested. About 6,750 moose were harvested by Alaskans and 685 by nonresident hunters. 

From the Alaskan fish and game website.

So it seems THEY found a "use" for Moose.

I'd just like to add that mooses kill more people than sharks and bears combined every year, so if we implement mooses please give them about 90 FS. 

Isn't that mostly from car accident?  Now if you want to add cars to Wurm....lol

Isn't that mostly from car accident?  Now if you want to add cars to Wurm....lol

It's from cart accidents. Was driving through the woods on my large cart the other day with my two five speed horses, when suddenly there was a huge explosion. As the smoke cleared, and I peered over the burning wreckage of my cart and charred remains of my horses, I saw two antlers, and a bazooka....