Sign in to follow this  
moogien

Farming skill gain at farming 90+

I have used a ql 1 rake no enchants. My farmskill was at 90,6 about when i started.

Nutrition 80+. No sleep bonus.

Corn seemed to be good , i have to redo corn later. So far its not many done takes time.

The skill gain differs for the crops at different skill levels whats good for me maybe not

good for another.

Harvesting average yield been 8, when Holy Crop is cast average 9.

I hope it helps someone.

I have used libreoffice.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/kbucnpwcj8ly9ea/farming%20skillgain.ods

Microsoft xlsx, i got a warning about format when saved as xlsx not sure how it will look.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/m8rxtdj4k4fp50o/farming%20skillgain.xlsx

Edit: Added a comment about yield.

Edited by moogien
  • Like 3

well done ty but could you pls upload it as .xls or .xlsx 

The 2010 microsoft excel version just rework the open office file into crap :/ only can read half of the gains

well done ty but could you pls upload it as .xls or .xlsx 

The 2010 microsoft excel version just rework the open office file into crap :/ only can read half of the gains

Done, hope you can read it better.

Seems to go against the common knowledge that corn is the best 90+ Neat! I will watch for more info :D

4 days of rice done, tomorrow i start turn to reed might take 4-5 days get all fields to reed.

4th day is higher skill gain on rice could be because i harvested 360 rice, from 45 fields about.

Waiting to get potato on all fields, maybe 1 - 3 days more to wait.

My skill is now at farming 91,72

4 days potato done,tomorrow i start change to pumpkin takes some days.

Current farm skill is 91,95

Tended and harvested reed + the last rice fields harvested about 80 rice and 300+ reed skillgain was 0,025474.

Soul depth gain 0,015

Not sure if you're aware or if this is relevant to the testing, but a higher ql rake increases skill gains on garlic due to its difficulty (on a 92+ farmer)

also, would it be possible for you to round up to 200 tiles or down to 150 (just makes it easier to work out how smaller farms would work for skill) and could you add soul depth gains to the table please.

Thanks in advance,

Shads

Not sure if you're aware or if this is relevant to the testing, but a higher ql rake increases skill gains on garlic due to its difficulty (on a 92+ farmer)

also, would it be possible for you to round up to 200 tiles or down to 150 (just makes it easier to work out how smaller farms would work for skill) and could you add soul depth gains to the table please.

Thanks in advance,

Shads

Didnt had thoughts about rake ql and gain with garlic, however that would require using different ql rakes on all crops to see the differences.

All i know is skill gain with a supreme ql 80 rake was almost nothing. But yields harvesting is a little more.

I keep the fields as it is now, i have plans though to do a 2nd run if i do that i can have 150 of each.

Soul depth i can try add to the table not sure how.

1st day of reed updated.

Cant figure out how to add farming and soul depth in a good way to the table , if you look at it

i did a try but that wont be good in the long run.

Edit: Moved my answere out of the quote.

Edited by moogien

Updated 1st day with wheat. Took time turn to wheat. Im using a ql 1 scythe harvesting, no coc.

I have started second run on the crops. I am done with second of reed and rice and wont make more notes on those 2.

So from the looks of it, at your skill with a 1ql rake no enchants, corn is the best, beating wheat by a hair?

Corn is what Traxx keeps telling me to use, and he has 99+ farming so he should know.

• Like 1

Corn is what Traxx keeps telling me to use, and he has 99+ farming so he should know.

/me starts planting a ton of corn

So from the looks of it, at your skill with a 1ql rake no enchants, corn is the best, beating wheat by a hair?

Yes, i see the same that corn seems to have good skillgain.

Reed seems have that aswell.

Today october 7th , i had connect problems and couldnt get corret numbers, so cotton is jumped one day.

It is the third of the second cotton that is jumped one day, to october 8.

Edited by moogien

All of second run is done, i wont do more updates, so i leave it as it is now.

Imo it seems Reed and Corn , gives pretty good skillgain after farming 95.