Sign in to follow this  
sunsvortex

Concerning Xanadu

Any players that want a nice place and are on the old cluster - come to Exodus, there are TONS of nice, empty waterfront spots.

If it's something revolutionary such as new features that would be impossible on the old server infrastructure, that's fine to an extent but I really dislike the idea of having yet ANOTHER server to spread the playerbase out. I wander around, especially on Independence and see deeds/deeded land EVERYWHERE but rarely see a player, if at all, in an hour of travelling. It's rather disheartening. 

• Like 1

I agree with Kristoff completely. 

Rosedragon, on the other hand, if you want a shiny new deed with connection to the existing player base, there's nothing stopping you from selling your deed to someone else (or disbanding it) and making a new one at a better location on your server.

Very true. I've only sailed over to Deliverance when it opened, and looking back how fast it was settled and how littered with abandoned places it is now is rather disturbing. I understand that one fun aspect of the game is to start (almost) from scratch and build something up, but I'm not sure if opening new worlds over and over to escape over-deeding is the right solution.

A side effect I personally see in this is also alienating and drifting apart the player base. Each opening caused a split, people sailing over for new lands to litter, always leaving behind less and less others on the old servers. You can literally see a curve of activity ranging from old to new servers, and it's a little uncomfortable having to move as well just to stick with other people around.

I agree with Kristoff completely. 

Rosedragon, on the other hand, if you want a shiny new deed with connection to the existing player base, there's nothing stopping you from selling your deed to someone else (or disbanding it) and making a new one at a better location on your server.

I might be just want yey new lannnnds. My location mostly comfortable atm beside not many mining operations possible ;p .

I want to move to the new server mostly because I like the whole discovery and settling new lands aspect of this game.

I would be upset if I have to grind up a new character to experience this new server. I think that leaving the old deed on Deli and setting up a "new world expedition" consisting of my fellow villagers is something that will reenergize us, especially those who are playing less and less and are drifting towards other games.

• Like 3

I hope you cannot bring outside coin to it, would be nice to have one server launch where its economy is not flooded by money from elsewhere.

I hope you cannot bring outside coin to it, would be nice to have one server launch where its economy is not flooded by money from elsewhere.

Doesn't stop people from selling theirs original server assets and buy the coins.. which happened with pristine.

/me is greatly anticipating announcements concerning Xanadu.

Edited by Deathangel

/me is greatly anticipating announcements concerning Xanadu.

Tomorrow is the weekly update day so lets hope we learn more then :)

Holy . I wonder why so large... Is it an attempt to move everyone eventually?

someone good with time conversions should post up a timer, lol

I think a 16x the size of chaos is waaaaaay overkill... And i really dont think the Code Club servers can even handle anywhere near enough people to make a map that big worth it. You can already go for quite a while without seeing anyone on chaos or any of the biggest servers.. you will go for 6-7 hours without seeing anyone traversing that map lol

Edited by KellyTxX

I think a 16x the size of chaos is waaaaaay overkill... And i really dont think the Code Club servers can even handle anywhere near enough people to make a map that big worth it. You can already go for quite a while without seeing anyone on chaos or any of the biggest servers.. you will go for 6-7 hours without seeing anyone traversing that map lol

and that's a bad thing?

It's 4pm EST tomorrow is all I know

If I had to wager, I think the goal here is to entice people onto one giant server/community. No private traders, etc . I'm probably wrong but I'm trying to think why such an enormous server would be beneficial. Seems way too big and perhaps a waste of space for just mob hunting.

Edited by Kruggan

and that's a bad thing?

Well i mean depending how you play. Just remember most of the people who play wurm play it for the community feel. Not for the hermit simulator aspect.

It could be a code test too. They did hire a new coder, didn't they?

Edited by Bittereinder

I don't think anyone will be able to get anywhere, as wurm is unable to handle 30+ people in local. But who knows.

They have a new guy working on optimizations so i guess this is the first work we will see from him..idk

Well I guess theres no question about the "think big" anymore....lol. should be on the order of 2 to 3 hours plus to get from one end of the server to the other by boat if im calculating correctly, adding in variables for wind and ship type. Someone correct me if im off on that.

And at least a loose ETA - time enough to pack well.

Edited by sunsvortex