Sign in to follow this  
sunsvortex

Concerning Xanadu

This thread has been up for three days now and only eight pages of rumors, speculation and opinions? You guys are slacking. But before I go off to pop some more popcorn, I think I should remind you all that we will only know for certain when Rolf, and his team, decide to tell us.

This thread has been up for three days now and only eight pages of rumors, speculation and opinions? You guys are slacking. But before I go off to pop some more popcorn, I think I should remind you all that we will only know for certain when Rolf, and his team, decide to tell us.

Edited by Dairuka
  • Like 1

Will there be 64 dragons in this new server? Or up to. . . 256? XD lol

• Like 1

Wonder if the minerals will be totally regionlized now.Will make things interesting if they are.

Only reason I'd consider playing on this server is if the Epic skillgain was implemented and it was completely segregated from the rest of the servers(Except epic portals). Could be cool if you could reach Freedom servers from it too but with the seperate skill set like epic-freedom has and the only way to get there is through a portal also.

Edited by Influenza

So I was looking at the mega-server test and was thinking what the hell are we going to do with a server that big. Then a random thought hit me I wonder if they are thinking of shutting down the other PvE servers and have us all move there. It would save the money.

Edited by Becket

is thats the size, wtf is the point, it literally takes  a full day from 1 side of indy to the other, There isnt that many players to fill the current servers, Unless. oh hell,  Means we all might be migrating to it be force someday.

Well I did it up quickly, its x4 map of inde X,Y. Though yeah, this is roughly how big it is. 

A whole new meaning to adventures in wurm! 

A server this size is going to encourage villages and cities. 

Yes, I think we can dispell the rumor of "it's a hunting server" at this point.  Pretty sure they would allow deeding on a map THAT big.

It's just a big map, no more, no less... very interesting!

Heck! do we even need a new map at this point? I don't think so...

Psshh  -_-

3s2vvtk.jpg

Edited by Jasmyn

It's just a big map, no more, no less... very interesting!

Heck! do we even need a new map at this point? I don't think so...

Psshh  -_-

3s2vvtk.jpg

At least it's done a great job of distracting us from all the recent issues that have cropped up.

My favorite quote in the last few days is: "See, PvE isn't neglected. We're getting a new server!"

Edited by Dairuka
  • Like 2

we arent going on steam. Rolf isnt that special to get on steam without being greenlit first..lol.  So far feels like we will be forced to move, 1 way trip there, then all other Vr's gone. keeping all staff/pop on 1 pve server. however, heres my question to devs. Ya lost your minds, trading will suck as sailing will take friggin RL days on a map that size, be lucky to see any1 moving around once the pop splits up..lol

Funny isn't there a player with the name Xanadu? xD could not be true but I heard something that sounds like it.

Edited by Emmanuel

I'm leaning towards the consolidation conspiracy. Open the new server, tell people they have 6 months to move, shut the old PvE servers down.

Perhaps the recent questions on highway and enclosure rule changes also have something to do with this. New server, new rules, and if you don't like your neighbors, spread out. :P

• Like 2

Not to feed the new fears of consolidation, but if that is the case it would need to be announced from day one. 

• Like 1

I'm leaning towards the consolidation conspiracy. Open the new server, tell people they have 6 months to move, shut the old PvE servers down.

Perhaps the recent questions on highway and enclosure rule changes also have something to do with this. New server, new rules, and if you don't like your neighbors, spread out. :P

Yeah, you're probably right.

Not to feed the new fears of consolidation, but if that is the case it would need to be announced from day one. 

An announcement before release would result in nihilistic reactions from the player-base. People would stop works on their projects, and would focus instead on preparations for the move. Others would quit the game because they'd know their previous hard work is now obsolete. Without the sudden surge of new players and profits from the new server, it would lead to a dip in revenues which could hamper the release of the new server.

I think consolidation is a possibility eventually, also a possibility that Rolf and Devs are preparing Wurm for greenlight on STEAM (oh god no, I hate those @#$%^&*, I mean I really hate STEAM, I quit playing Skyrim because of it). I can't really believe Rolf would open up a PvE server that large without some kind of plans to either move the existing population or add many more players to the game somehow.

I better get my new ship built.... if anything this new server is going to be a Sailor's paradise.

And I must give credit where credit is very much due...

Thank you Rolf, Devs, and everyone on Staff for making this huge massive map. Players like myself have been asking and hoping for one like this for years. I appreciate it. :)

Edited by Kyrmius

I think consolidation is a possibility eventually, also a possibility that Rolf and Devs are preparing Wurm for greenlight on STEAM (oh god no, I hate those @#$%^&*). I can't really believe Rolf would open up a PvE server that large without some kind of plans to either move the existing population or add many more players to the game somehow.

I better get my new ship built.... if anything this new server is going to be a Sailor's paradise.

And I must give credit where credit is very much due...

Thank you Rolf, Devs, and everyone on Staff for making this huge massive map. Players like myself have been asking and hoping for one like this for years. I appreciate it. :)

I'm glad someone is excited. I'm currently paying for everything with in-game silver because I'm worried I might have to leave Wurm. If Independence is removed in the consolidation, and all of the great projects I've put my heart and soul into disappear, then the only real ties keeping me addicted to this game will be severed and I'll be free.

For now, I'm taking a wait and see approach and doing my best not to over-react - but Wurm has a pretty awful past history, and a habit of repeating past mistakes. I'm hoping Xanadu will merely be the server that ties all the servers together, and not the consolidation of every PvE server into one.

Edited by Dairuka

I have found myself not liking the name Xanadu, at least not as a server name. The others follow common themes but Xanadu gives off a vibe that I just can't take seriously.

Is this confirmed as the legitimate name or are the devs using it as a codename?

Something with less of a pop culture/historical reference would be nice. Call it Wilderness, or Survival, or Terra, or something more generic.

Seeing as this is a test of hosting a single very large map with lots of players. 

Personally I'm hoping that this will eventually lead to having individual cluster islands all merged into one large map, no more server hopping unless you move between clusters!

• Like 2

I'm glad someone is excited. I'm currently paying for everything with in-game silver because I'm worried I might have to leave Wurm. If Independence is removed in the consolidation, and all of the great projects I've put my heart and soul into disappear, then the only real ties keeping me addicted to this game will be severed and I'll be free.

For now, I'm taking a wait and see approach and doing my best not to over-react - but Wurm has a pretty awful past history, and a habit of repeating past mistakes. I'm hoping Xanadu will merely be the server that ties all the servers together, and not the consolidation of every PvE server into one.

I'm excited in general because servers of this size have been dreamt about, desired, but just wishful thinking until now. I am excited for those who will be able to enjoy this brand new huge baby.

But as for me personally... after this server launches if we are given a drop dead date anytime before next spring that we have to pull out and move to new server... I'm screwed. All the money I just dropped into my new deed will be dust, and I doubt Rolf would refund even part of what I just spent on Wurm only a few weeks ago... nor would I ask him too as that would financially hurt Wurm. I will lose the money I put into the game and be deedless for months once again.... and without legal enclosures... if I play at all under that scenario I would probably just stay on my ship for months or moor my ship and not log at all.

I'm happy overall about this new server even though I am concerned what it means and how it will affect me as a Player.

If Xanadu ends up being the center of the Wurm world, and all other servers adjoined to it as islands so to speak, then THAT would allow a huge increase in the playerbase and allow us who are already here to stay where we are if we wish... or even finally head off to Release... that would be very cool.

Edited by Kyrmius
  • Like 1