Sign in to follow this  
ScarfaceRo

Let's stop being paranoid for once

he said wow. I know your type for sure now. ima leave with just saying LOL.

Edited by atazs

I am here now; that means I like WURM more than WOW (otherwise I would still be there, isn't it?).

Yet, I am not ashamed and I don't regret at all the fact that I played WOW. It may have a lot of bad things in it, but the idea of having to synchronize, relay and work as a team with 39 (or later on 24) other people was a real epic experience.

And I know that most people say that sll WOW players are rather jerks or spoiled kids. Yet, my experiences were rather good - not a single scam, not a single ninja roll, not a single slacker in Raids and not a single drama on vent or on guild forums.

Even more, I met most of my guildmates in my real life, I had a few of them coming over (travelling half of Europe) to celebrate the birth of my kid and a few others coming over (again travelling over half of Europe) to offer me a shoulder to cry on when I lost my wife.

And if you can judge me (and everyone else) so harsh just because we used to play a game you don't like... all I can say is that I'm happy I didn't had the "chance" to meet more people like you.

• Like 2

Well you can't tell newbs anything as they are still in the gaga stage.  They have to learn for themselves like any baby does overtime and through their own failures and results. More or less they come in empty headed and full of it only to later on end up full of it and empty period.  Typical though as you see the different types of players come and go over years.

You are a young man ScarfaceRo, and have not had enough experience with RL yet, that is for sure.  It does not matter how many good people you have encountered, all it takes is 1 punk with an attitude to ruin your day.  And that is what use 'old' players are worried about.  And it's not paranoia; there will be some that will go around breaking into everything they can, just because they can.  It won't matter if it's just a few doing it when they hit your place.

Let me give an example.  We used to not be able to stop anyone from hunting on our land, and if someone could get into your pens, they could kill all your animals.  Naturally, everyone kept all their pens locked.  After a server restart a single gate lock disappeared on 1 of my pens.  Now I have 5 large pens, and 4 gates on each one, and only 1 lock disappeared from the server restart bug.  I came in less than 8 hours after the server restart and found all the animals in that 1 pen had been killed.  A very small group had went around checking all pens to find missing locks and kill anything they could get to.

So stop telling people they are being paranoid.  It is not paranoid if they ARE out to get you.  Just because they haven't gotten you yet does not mean you are safe or correct.

• Like 5

*Adjusts tinfoil hat*  What's wrong with a little paranoia? :angry:

Young ScarfaceRo (in terms of Wurm years), As a mere babe within these evolving Wurm lands you have seen little in terms of changes made to its functioning that have had negative impacts upon those old codgers that hobble around with a somewhat wobbling gate due to the wounds over time that have been inflicted upon them from these random minute meteoroids. Perhaps this is why they prefer riding horses and guard them protectively from those predators disguised with their innocent sheep like expressions.

As this may or may not be the case, you will be in turn chastised by them for your childlike innocence of a predilection that all will turn out well in the end. As the beginning determines the end, it is often those who have traveled the path the longest who will have a clearer insight into which way the winding road will lead and then can then avoid falling off the cliff sides as the journey progresses onward. To those who have the additional capacity of reasoned responses to the possibilities that are likely to ensue concerning these issues that you sagely advise them to have little concern about, I would advise you to give them more heed until you have assembled more spice to contribute to your meal so blandly composed of times so less numerous to lead to a vision of clarity.

No doubt you will remain doubtful of my contribution to your journey onward through these sometimes disjointed and conflict imbued postings of Wurm's possibilities; but, to those who would present something of substance, you would be wise to open your mind to their experience in these matters and give it some further consideration. With this I bid you well and hope your journey may be a long one that time sustains rather than diminishes.

Safe Travels

=Ayes=

• Like 1

So stop telling people they are being paranoid.  It is not paranoid if they ARE out to get you.  Just because they haven't gotten you yet does not mean you are safe or correct.

This. You could come online one day to find all your BSB's and large carts have been ninja locked by your friend who you gave access to your storage building to help him out. Had I listened to older players and been a bit more "paranoid" I might not have lost about 20 silver worth of items. Instead I had to be idealistic, trying to take n00bs under my wing and go out of my way to help them out. In return I lost the entirety of my accumulated wealth. Paranoid is just a word that bad people made up to cause soft-hearted people like us to lower our guard so they can rob us. The correct word is "aware", not paranoid.

• Like 4