Sign in to follow this  
silakka

WTB/WTS Affinities

+1 some reasonable way to get rid of useless affinity on PVE would be very welcome. I really would not like to have to skill small wooden shield to 50 in order to get rid of it. 20 is more reasonable. 

If farming is a problem, then make the minium skill requirement to take affinity out at 40-50.

I dont know many who would get 50 weaponsmith just to 'farm' the affinity.

Atleast there would be an easier alternative to exchange affinities in PvE

The thing is, affinities are inherently a PVP feature.

The only reason they exist is as a reward for PvP

• Like 1

You can go http://forum.wurmonline.com/index.php?/topic/94226-fight-skill-from-alt-accounts-clarification/page-5 and see the kingdoms posting the other kingdoms kill logs of that hard fought for "alt farm" for fs and affinities. Since this is how it's meant to work, I think we freedomers deserve something just as broken to use for our benefit. We all know how risky and challenging it is to have 10 top end fighters hit a 20fs naked toon before it dies! :)

Edited by Pingpong

If anything, there should be a harsher stance on affinity trading, as that is clearly not an intended use of game mechanics. The fact that people do it and get away with it just makes people demand an easier way to do it. It's like someone saying "all of those guys are getting fs off alts and not getting punished for it. Can we just get that same amount of fs off training dolls instead?"

• Like 2

I might suggest a meditation ability to randomize your own affinity... or perhaps a priest spell after a confirmation window or two. As it stands now I have yet to find my affinity so its likely something pointless and I cba to take my rowboat to chaos to be killed and stranded for a new one.

I might suggest a meditation ability to randomize your own affinity... or perhaps a priest spell after a confirmation window or two. As it stands now I have yet to find my affinity so its likely something pointless and I cba to take my rowboat to chaos to be killed and stranded for a new one.

how can you not find your affinity when all skills are now shown.

Recently came back to the game. Speaking from the last time I looked through it. That is nice to know ill have a look after work. Though the pointless bit still stands, not having found it after years of living both alone and within villages

Edit: wasn't there a feature in which if you did not find you affinity after so long it would change? I always thought it was just a rumor considering how long I went without one. Hell my priest alt (as well as another alt) got carpentry affinity within 5 minutes of playing. At any rate we are pretty much stuck with what we have and or would be nice to change them but only if it could be balanced.

Edited by Kristoff

I can support this suggestion conditionally...

1. Only premium players can get affinitys (only visible with >1.5 months premium in the bank)*

2. Affinitys take 6 RL months to regrow

*I don't like this restriction as I feel that it hurts new players, but I feel it to be necessary to avoid people spamming account creation to get the affinity that they want.