Sign in to follow this  
RedBaron_Johan

News Update: Work And Progress. Week 14

nice a hunting island, least i pray it is, dont need anther server for people to mass move too when were spread thin as it is.

• Like 1

Stop thinking so small ;D

:wub:

Doubt its going to be bigger, the servers can't handle bigger sized servers.

So....

- Server between pristine/release/inde/exo/deli/cele that is a hunting server

Xanadu? Please be pve hunting server for epic, the tears would be AMAZING. Freaking, amazing. 

A small patch showing your real time possition on the map? Everyone needs that, especially new players that are always saying "i don't know where am i".

That could be the most important update

Edited by Arronicus
  • Like 2

Maybe the new server could only allow mining and digging? We can perhaps mine rare minerals here! :)

I love the stag. It's quite stag-gering.

While looking at behaviors for animal AI, please look into that my horses do not move. They are anchored to the ground. Maybe add something that if a taller grass than they are standing on is X tiles away, they will move toward it to graze. Also, add that they would rather not stand on packed dirt and will always want to move off it to anything better. Movement decision would be: hate packed or dirt > short grass > medium grass > etc. The higher up the ladder, the more it will want to move there. This should keep them always moving around as a real animal would be doing. And thank you for looking at the AI behavior in any capacity.

Decorations! Love them! Can I suggest an easier method of placement? Maybe "drop" between your feet.

EDIT: I still can't spell.

And now your 15 horses are standing on 1 tile with the longest grass.

And now your 15 horses are standing on 1 tile with the longest grass.

Much preferred to 15 standing on 15 packed dirts though.

oh the anticipation of this new server is killing me, lol

• Like 1

Guys seriously wurm online we don't want anymore pve islands WE NOW NEED A NEW PVP ISLAND YOU GUYS ARE LEAVING OUT THE HORDE AND LETTING THEM BE SCREWED AROUND BY THERE SMALL ISLAND           WE NEED FREEDOM WE NEED A BETTER HOME A BETTER PLACE   A PLACE WHERE ITS NEW A NEW PVP ISLAND ATLEAST with new stuff     like allowing us to make our own religions    a place where were against the other island not the white light  not the black light  because first of all the black light island is screwed up  we need something better we need or a NEW ENEMIES OR A NEW ALLY FOR THE BLACK LIGHTERS OR AGAINST THEM

• Like 1

I'm guessing/hoping(?) for an Epic style server, but PvE instead of PvP? Where players band together to fight off the environment and complete missions in a cooperative fashion.

Epic doesnt need a hunting server since it has 2x skillgain and a curve. Freedom needs one so that people who want to pvp on chaos can get FS faster. You guys have blh already. Also the moment a non pvp server gets added to epic with 2x skillgain and the curve thats the moment i will really stop playing this game.

Edited by atazs
  • Like 1

Actually now that I think about it, Xanadu could be a place where all people could teleport/sail to. Epic, Pristine/Release, and the main Freedom cluster. Then you could only teleport/sail back to the server or portal you came from.

It could work by making everything no-drop in your inventory on teleportation or crossing, and disallow trading between people. Either that, or it could label you from a certain server when you arrive, meaning you could only trade with people from that same server.

Just some ideas to think about perhaps.

Instead of making a pve server why not just put in a hotfix where animals underground are moved to the surface upon server restart.

Is this just a move for a quick bump in activity? I am having trouble seeing where a "new" pve server fits into wurm atm... We have so many already. Good luck though.

Actually now that I think about it, Xanadu could be a place where all people could teleport/sail to. Epic, Pristine/Release, and the main Freedom cluster. Then you could only teleport/sail back to the server or portal you came from.

It could work by making everything no-drop in your inventory on teleportation or crossing, and disallow trading between people. Either that, or it could label you from a certain server when you arrive, meaning you could only trade with people from that same server.

Just some ideas to think about perhaps.

Sailing to epic wouldnt make any sense since the skill gain there is very different. Unless it will work like an epic portal in which case its kinda pointless. Sailing between pristine/release trough Xanadu to the main cluster, that can work. 

Honestly though why mention this new Xanadu server if you are just going to leave us in the dark i don't understand.. Not asking for a release date but just some basic info like where it's going to be would be great... 

Edited by atazs

Still waiting for the game to be fixed.

o_o

• Like 3

Xanadu sounds like epic before epic became well epic.

Having someone into optimize game is the highlight here, when I started wurm could play it on a notebook now my gamer rig crashes after 10 minutes if I alt tab.

If a new server is going to be added, maybe it's a good time to merge the Freedom cluster. I think a lot of P/R worries revolved around land-grabs and ruining hunting areas. If there's a new island (and hopefully it's a hunting island), it will squelch a lot of those worries.

• Like 3

Here is the twist to Xanadu:  It is connected to epic.  A place for them to relax from pvp, a place they can take a vacation in with their easily gained skills

• Like 2

So new furniture - cool :) I would still prefer the old coffins to be a choice since the new ones are horrible inside buildings - loved that dark slab look and bsbs fit perfectly underneath them.

Planned to a new server?

Last saturday we had the most epic fail in the history of the wurm ( epic server, 90 players in one place destroyed the game client ).

Please start by repairing the game because players will leave.

• Like 2

Planned to a new server?

Last saturday we had the most epic fail in the history of the wurm ( epic server, 90 players in one place destroyed the game client ).

Please start by repairing the game because players will leave.

They are working on it... as said in this post.

Wurm gets reinforcements

Consultant Mattias Jansson (No, he is not related to Rolf) has been helping out with our graphics engine.

He is now going to start working full time from 7th of April beginning with client performance.

Mattias is highly talented and his latest endeavor was working on developing the frostbite engine for Battlefield 4.

So we can expect some pretty great additions to performance and graphics coming up.

• Like 1

Would I be able to build a stately pleasure dome in Xanadu?