Sign in to follow this  
RedBaron_Johan

News Update: Work And Progress. Week 14

@Staines

no need for another map for PMK's, especially ones with like 4 dudes

elevation should be reset every like 6 months, but that won't ever happen

i also wish all the home servers would be removed and we would be given a map that isn't a pancake with a bump in the center.

Having all players be in PMK's instead of JK/MR/BL would be a lot more interesting politically and in PVP, I think. 

Right now there just aren't very many places to put down a good player kingdom on Elevation though.

Edited by Staines

I'm beginning to believe all this talk of the server being huge in size. I also know that, performance wise, the larger the map, the worse the game runs. 

Rosedragon said earlier in, possibly this thread, that she has heard that the dev team is capable of "optimizing" newer maps, but apparently can't do so with older maps like Indy. Honestly, if there is any truth behind this, it's kind of ######, bluntly put. If the old servers are incapable of being "optimized" in the way that new servers can, then the Wurm team must make it a point and priority to copy the entire item data and map over to servers that are capable of "optimization"; migrate everyone there. Even if that takes a day or two ore even fiver of entire servers being offline.

Otherwise, the newer maps, like this Xanadu, Pristine and Release will all have features like 3D mines and bridges, flowing water, etc. while Chaos and Indy are left without.

Not gonna lie, i'm still praying that it's the no build, no deed, hunting only server that we've been asking for for over a year, in which Rolf already gave his seal of approval.

Apparently its due to some sort of an artifact code, i have no idea what it is but judging from the age of those 2 maps, i think she might be right. Also that new dice dev will be working on trying to solve these things or so i've heard. And for 3d mines, it's not possible to implement it on any of the current servers without all the mines going poof.

Edited by atazs

If its the hunting server then It wont have huge mountains, but if not please make it like inde or chaos, tired of these flat servers.

Epic doesnt need a hunting server since it has 2x skillgain and a curve. Freedom needs one so that people who want to pvp on chaos can get FS faster. You guys have blh already. Also the moment a non pvp server gets added to epic with 2x skillgain and the curve thats the moment i will really stop playing this game.

I dunno if u know but FS is not on the curve at all, also skills like normal fs, aggressive fs and defensive fs are slower then on freedom since we hit 90 effective pretty fast and from that point it becomes crazy slow.

And about blh, there is just a small part of the epic community that can hunt there.

All ur arguments makes no sense at all so u better shouldnt speak about things u dont know about.

• Like 1

All ongoing build projects on deed has been stopped in anticipation of this great new server.

I am holding my breath until we hear more about it.

• Like 1

While your tossing up a new sever how about opening up travel to P&R.

• Like 2

i think the server will be a hunting server that will connect all servers and the arrangement ofem and itll have special features,  wat those will be, donno.

Trader Planting Players are already planning to plant massive amounts of trader deeds all over your new server btw.  They will suck the Coin from the New players that do come and the money they push into the Server to fill their own pockets.  The best thing you could do is remove Traders Completely from being sold at all on the New Server and make a whole brand new different way for passing out coin that benefits all players who play the game.

Uberknot,

One feature of this new server could be as you suggest, no Traders would be available to purchase or place on this server, which I think would be a good idea. The name Xanadu makes me think it would be a more peaceful place and not a hunting type of server. It could perhaps even be a central server with all other servers surrounding it connected to it by narrow land bridges.

Or maybe a server sectioned off by great walls that can't be climbed which would divide it into four sections. One of current PvE mechanics. One of current pvp mechanics. One of non-aggro creatures. One of a hunting type overload of aggros. The spawn point could be in the center of it surrounded by these great walls with gates opening into each section. Each of these four sections could then be coded to enable and prevent their distinct functions.

Or maybe the terms used in the OP of "big-huge-humongous" are misleading to just cause more speculation on what it will be all about. Hopefully in the next Weekly Update more specifics will be revealed.

=Ayes=

I am fully expecting the traders to be different on the new server too. I am sure some of you have seen me gathering up coins and fear not it is for deeding only i don't plan on a trader empire again. I expect it to change and i have moved on from that anyway... Now that is not saying that other people might be doing it.  I will buy one trader if it is allowed but i would advise putting them in at max tax because if it is changed then at least you might get some tax out of it later. 

I do want as much land as i can get in an area though...i just am not a people person i want my local to be only me..hehe   :)

Edited by Kegan

All ongoing build projects on deed has been stopped in anticipation of this great new server.

I am holding my breath until we hear more about it.

As am I. If the server is going to be massive in size, then the speculation of a hunting server seems to be moot. No point in a server that won't allow settlements when its that size. It would be a huge waste of space, and way too big to hunt in to be practical.

I just want the deer model already! To inch up my FS, I have been saving deer. I am going to start bringing some home I think so I can have living ones to gaze at. The half eaten ones just aren't as pretty. haha

Would be nice if was its own server/ separate cluster that had enclosures only no deeds and reset everything every 365 days :P... i know a few ppl who would love it and pay to play wurm again just for it. tho i am really not imposed to having it join any other clusters

I think Traders should be changed from soaking all deeds upkeep to only those with Traders upkeep.  I just do not see how anyone can sit there and say keep them how they are because i depend on them to keep my deed or pay prem when in fact a lot of the coin is coming from other players deeds who do not have traders.  It should be an opt in system where only those deeds who have traders pay into the kings upkeep that goes to traders. In the end it might be better to remove the global rewards system between all Traders and make them stand on their own merits of how many players actually shop at them or use them this way locked up Traders will not be getting any extra perks because no one really shops at them or uses them.  The Kings Payout System should be modified to pass out non Trader deeds upkeep to all the player base in a different manner through quests, rewards, lower upkeep, etc...what ever mechanics can be used in Wurm.

• Like 1

I just planted my own trader recently, but even so, I would like to see traders go away. Really lame system as it is.  The limitations on distance is terrible. I understand why it was set up that way, but for anyone new that comes to play, it can be impossible to find a space to plant a trader.  It means you have to start out as a noob, buying a deed contract AND a trader at the same time, then hunting everywhere to find a place that won't reject you placing the trader, once you find that spot, quickly plant your deed, then the trader right after.  Either that, or put your deed where you like, then end up planting a trader deed somewhere miles away and have to deal with that hassle.  Mechanics like this are what make all new players feel completely at a disadvantage.

People should be working their skills and crafts to earn silver for deeds and premium, not be duped into a "pay tons of money now for possible rewards later" scenario.  It is like a pyramid scheme. The guys at the top make the most and each generation of noobs have less and less potential.

The reason the growth is stunted here is because of the inability to keep new players, after all the old timers swoop in, grab prime locations and set up their structure of living free and clear.

I have played many a game where a huge majority of the population complains of $10 USD being too expensive, let alone paying the crazy money Wurm requires, to fully enjoy the game.  I really hope there are many changes to the financial system on the new server.

$100/year x 100,000 players is way better than $300/year from 5000 players.

Edited by Wurmhole
  • Like 2

Where will those 100 000 players come from O.o ?

Edited by Sklo:D

And when was the last time Epic got new content on the same scale as this?