Sign in to follow this  
Shanara

Wrong quality calculation soring string of cloth

When storing string of cloth in a BSB/crate, the quality averaging of different items is totally wrong. Having a stack of 90 strings QL 17, I added a QL 30.06 one, and it resulted in 91 strings of cloths QL 25.54 or something similar.

I assume the expected result would be a minor variation of quality, not a big one.

From then, I tested with different qualities/quantities.  The closer to volume 0.20 I get the closer to the expected result I get. It also works both ways. like, 30 QL 30 stings will be brought down to 7 or so by adding a QL 1 string.

Steps to reproduce it:

1: have 50 strings of cloth quality 50 on a BSB/crate.

2: add a QL 1 string to the mix.

Edit: The issue seems to be that it's comparing weight on inventory and volume in storage. As occupies very little volume (1/200th of weight), the last  string you add counts 200 times, thus changing wildly the quality. The same occurs with every "ultra-dense" substance (way less volume than weight). I think this could be easily solved with simply calculating the weight of items in a BSB/crate, besides the volume.

Edited by Shanara

Aye, has been reported before, is well known, and I've seen it work up to 200 in a single BSB.

Edited by Shrimpiie

Well, yes, it is, as you say, shrimpie, highly exploitable.  Couldn't find if it was reported before, that's why I posted.

Thank you for your report Shanara.  I've added your test results to the existing bug.  I appreciate the details.