Sign in to follow this  
Odynn

Large magic chest decay.

My latest large magic chest - bought the 24th february took 5 DMG in the last month.

I have another one for one year without any decay.

Do you, others magic chest owners, have seen weird decays on your own - or are they still damage free.

Any data is welcome.

Thanks you for your help.

[22:53:35] <Shads> 0.0 on a smc here on inde
[22:54:31] <Odynn> for how long do you have that one shads ?
[22:55:00] <Shads> 3-4months ago Boobaby bought it

Edited by Odynn

One of my buddies bought a SMC shortly after we joined in april last year. [17:01:01] A small chest that prevents non-food decay while having normal decay itself. It can not be repaired but picked up. It is made from birchwood. Ql: 40.0, Dam: 0.0. 

It spent ~10 months on the ground in house, and ~2 months in raft within Large cart going everywhere on Deli.

Edited by Neem

My Steel SMC had 4.1 dmg 1 year ago and finally took a 2.6 hit last month (has always been kept inside rare cart)

They take pretty high dmg unless they are inside a structure, eg: house of some form.

[23:22:46] <Chiqa> oh snap  Odyn  this is on a deed with 6 months upkeep left  [15:22:22] A large chest that prevents non-food decay while having normal decay itself. It can not be repaired or picked up. It is made from

[23:23:00] <Chiqa> and I know for a fact it was planted instantly after purchase

[23:23:18] <Chiqa> 10.40 damage

[23:23:41] <Odynn> okay ty - adding it to the thread as well

[23:23:58] <Odynn> how long have you got that one ?

[23:24:12] <Chiqa> Chulirac has one at the Priest Hole if need be i can go check on that one,

[23:24:28] <Chiqa> this one is about 6 months old

[23:24:55] <Chiqa> this deed has never run low on upkeep so I know  that is not it

[23:25:20] <Odynn> inside a building i guess ?

[23:25:26] <Chiqa> yes

[23:25:33] <Chiqa> inside, on deed

Mine are inside buildings as well. The amount of damage on my last one is a bit silly for something costing so much to decay that fast (perma alts or merchants cost way less after all.)

Do you open it regularly? I was told to open it once a day if possible, or at the very least every 3-5.  So far I've only had mine for half a month, but no random decay tics. (Obviously it shouldn't have any, Just throwing it in there.)

[22:45:06] A large chest that prevents non-food decay while having normal decay itself. It can not be repaired or picked up. It is made from birchwood. Ql: 40.0, Dam: 5.0641026.

[22:45:09] A large chest that prevents non-food decay while having normal decay itself. It can not be repaired or picked up. It is made from birchwood. Ql: 40.0, Dam: 7.6974583.

[22:45:12] A large chest that prevents non-food decay while having normal decay itself. It can not be repaired or picked up. It is made from birchwood. Ql: 40.0, Dam: 7.6974583.

[22:45:15] A large chest that prevents non-food decay while having normal decay itself. It can not be repaired or picked up. It is made from birchwood. Ql: 40.0, Dam: 25.354843.

All bought within the same few months around 2 years ago.. the last one is taking much more decay than the others, another 3 damage in the last month :(

This is not a bug, since they are meant to take damage. Decays are very random, I had one for 6 months without any damage, then the next month it received 6 damage, and after that it didn't damage further (6 months or so).

So it's a uncommon, but large damage-value tick that they are taking.  Good to know.

Wow I login today and STEEL SMC went from 6.7 to

[09:37:47] A small chest that prevents non-food decay while having normal decay itself. It can not be repaired but picked up. Ql: 40.0, Dam: 8.255529.

Something is wrong

Something is wrong

Who knows, maybe them not decaying in the past was "wrong" and Rolf came across it in the code and gave it a nudge towards the right direction?

Not sure if this is a myth, but I seem to remember reading/hearing on the forums/ingame, that you have to open the chest frequently to slow decay, somewhere along the line of my 4year wurmlife I was told that magic chests that just sit on a deed in a house, ignored will decay a bit faster.

would be really good to get some feedback from the devs really fast because if the magical chests decay there will be problems with the refunds after a bug.

Mine has been exactly same dmg since I got it [3weeks ago with the deed]

Stored inside a large castle

[23:38:34] A large chest that prevents non-food decay while having normal decay itself. It can not be repaired or picked up. Ql: 40.0, Dam: 4.0408163.

it's probably +8months old already.

I've had my chest for over a year (likely 2) as a small magic chest and the damage seems fairly constant and unrelated to the number of items in such.

I'll try and get exact details if I remember but last I checked it was under 30dmg

if it weren't sad it would be funny.

Due to ppl spamming things for rares and hording crappy items, somebody fixed decayrate of items which in turn effects all stuff you have. 

I wouldn't complain about the damage of these chests, if you knew how long Rolf intended for these to last back when he added them... :P

Shhh!! don't push your luck :D

[14:22:55] A large chest that prevents non-food decay while having normal decay itself. It can not be repaired or picked up. Ql: 40.0, Dam: 4.0408163.

[21:08:13] A large chest that prevents non-food decay while having normal decay itself. It can not be repaired or picked up. Ql: 40.0, Dam: 6.1250362.

This happened today o_o

Steel SMC two years with no damage, took 2 damage last month.