Sign in to follow this  
DevBlog

Creature ai and email management

The command used to set the email for an account, /changeemail now requires a password and brings up a popup window. You may also set your password retrieval information there now.

As you may have noticed, the creatures behaved strangely this weekend and assembled in certain areas. They should now be less nervous and behave more normally.

Certain selected creatures such as deer and bison are now considered prey and may now be hunted by carnivores while trying to avoid them.

Modified woad, so its easier to get higher ql with better botanising skill (especially on steppe)

• Like 2

This changes sounds fun!

Although I hope it doesn't affect wagon pulled by bisons.

Now can we sort out that candee account? It is rather another bad decisions.

Edited by rosedragon

Neato - love seeing legit animal behavior

Inb4 horsedrawn cart bolts from a wolf ... which would be awesome in a way too.

Edited by Elen
  • Like 1

poor bison almost died to croc :( 

and the woad one sounds good thought i havent been able to get any to test ;)

• Like 1

So now all the easy animals that give weaponskill, and easy meat for noobs, are gonna all die constantly

Why

pls be silly april fools joke

• Like 12

Should only attack prey animals if "starving".

• Like 3

so i guess all that will be left in the wild will be carnivores then?  Seems all the prey will get killed off rather quickly but lets see i guess. 

Edited by Kegan
  • Like 1

Hmm so now wild Bison be even harder to find ....... sigh 

Just botanized over 80 tiles and i have 32 botanzing with no woad :( either i have terrible luck (i got acorns) or something is up here

Just botanized over 80 tiles and i have 32 botanzing with no woad :( either i have terrible luck (i got acorns) or something is up here

Might not have been impplemented yet as the servers are just now going down.

• Like 1

I'm sorry but I don't like this, my hitched untamed bison keep getting attacked instead of me, there are corpses all over the place that nobody got to get any FS on not even mentioning all the meat that just lies around in huge quantities. I"m hoping this is an april fool's day thing and it will be gone soon.

• Like 2

Might not have been impplemented yet as the servers are just now going down.

I hope so id really love some woad over 10ql ;)

There is a major flaw in the new email change thing. It lists the challenge question for all your accounts on that email so if you want to sell an account now the person buying the account knows your question and answer for all your accounts. 

There is a major flaw in the new email change thing. It lists the challenge question for all your accounts on that email so if you want to sell an account now the person buying the account knows your question and answer for all your accounts. 

Q/A's are per account, not per mail

Q/A's are per account, not per mail

I sent you a pm there is a major issue

Edit: Well maybe not major but still an issue, lol

Edited by Kegan

Who thought animals killing each other was a good idea? Seems time would have been better spent making all animals teleport from underground to the surface on server restarts... How does this benefit gameplay in anyway???  *facedesk*

Botanizing right now and I got 89 and 90ql woad within 5minutes, but it doesnt feel like too big of a change from what it was.

Atleast a slight difference, which helps ^^

Edited by silakka

on the website it used to ask u the secret question of a random account registered on that email address, inclined to think it was picked from the oldest account registered.

i think there is a need for a master account  type that holds the key to all others registered on that email address. or make the password recovery/reset individual.

on the website it used to ask u the secret question of a random account registered on that email address, inclined to think it was picked from the oldest account registered.

i think there is a need for a master account  type that holds the key to all others registered on that email address. or make the password recovery/reset individual.

Well it is showing the old accounts challenge question and answer. I know a lot of people use the same one for other sites so now with this update if you ever sold an account and have used that question and answer on another site there is a chance that you are compromised. I gave that question and answer for security not to be give to some random person that happens to buy an account from me. With the way it was before on the site it might have given the question to you but never the answer too. 

Edited by Kegan

• Certain selected creatures such as deer and bison are now considered prey and may now be hunted by carnivores while trying to avoid them.

Certian Creatures?

what exactly are we talking about here, because if "Certain Creatures!" turns out to mean "All Passive Mobs" then no-one will leave deed again as their horses / wagons wont be safe again,

Didn't Wagons get specifically designed to get a speed boost with Bison, I bet no-one uses em now.

• Like 1

Yeah, it does seem like a really bad idea. Of course, the sychophants are already chiming in on chat that this is a GREAT idea, but I imagine their bison are not dead yet.

Certian Creatures?

what exactly are we talking about here, because if "Certain Creatures!" turns out to mean "All Passive Mobs" then no-one will leave deed again as their horses / wagons wont be safe again,

Didn't Wagons get specifically designed to get a speed boost with Bison, I bet no-one uses em now.

Come on guys, quit adding stupid things nobody even wants! For something as huge as your horses and bison getting destroyed by animals even moreso now while hunting, I don't see why this couldn't have been discussed before implementation. And as MrGary mentioned, all of the deer, unicorns, and cows are going to be extinct now. :angry:

Why does there always have to be one bad change with every good one? :(

Edited by Xallo
  • Like 9

Come on guys, quit adding stupid things nobody even wants! For something as huge as your horses and bison getting destroyed by animals even moreso now while hunting, I don't see why this couldn't have been discussed before implementation. And as MrGary mentioned, all of the deer, unicorns, and cows are going to be extinct now. :angry:

Why does there always have to be one bad change with every good one? :(

Sign in to follow this