Sign in to follow this  
Valdor

Wow. A Rare Horse!

It loses it's fun the moment you stop enjoying it. If he's still continuing, it's still fun ;)

It's still fun because I read the OP and didn't even consider the day or scroll down. ;-)

I can confirm I have seen the foal and this is legit.

It is a rare april fool 

Edited by Sklo:D

that eye.... you sure it isn't spawn of demon? I would love one if it is in Independence or Chaos.

Trying to remember where that emblem was taken from, I know I recognize it.

Trying to remember where that emblem was taken from, I know I recognize it.

I want to say I saw the design on a large stone inside a city in Vanguard once with the Sigil S in the foreground with that logo in the back lightly painted on the stone.

Edited by sunsvortex

Here you go.

6dtUznE.jpg

Tomflea with proud papa.

he signed the picture look at the bottom wooden fence behind the white horse left side - wox - so unless you can brand fences - however awesome joke I saved the photo and using it as a background now

• Like 1

Nice try, nearly had me going guys :)

I thought I had seen that shoulder emblem before:

druidfull.jpg

That image up there seems to be a photoshopped fake, since I found the original:
(Another proof is the rainbow in the backround)

sfC3qYA.jpg

Tomflea with proud papa.

• Like 5

New development on the horse front! Since I don't really like the name Tomflea, I put a GM request up to have it changed. I know it's unprecedented, but so is a rare horse! Maybe I'll get lucky. I am still playing with the names, but so far my favorite is April. Any other ideas?

PS: And for the record (and you can quote me on this) I have not photoshoped or touched up the screenshot, other than cropping it.

Edited by Valdor

I am still playing with the names, but so far my favorite is April. 

You don't say ...

How about AprilFool

Edited by Sklo:D

I heard the rare horse got ganked by a spider.... RIP

• Like 2

I heard the rare horse got ganked by a spider.... RIP

Haha, wouldn't that be something. On the day the first rare horse comes into existence, the new "predators attack prey" code takes him out :)

By the way. Rename complete. The little guy is now officially known as:

April the Foal

Haha, wouldn't that be something. On the day the first rare horse comes into existence, the new "predators attack prey" code takes him out :)

By the way. Rename complete. The little guy is now officially known as:

April the Foal

So it's officially an April Foals joke now?

So it's officially an April Foals joke now?

Hurrrrrghhhhhhhhhhhh D:

or meh gawd is it teh shiney xD

devs should consider this !

Its because we want to believe!

Picture+30.png

Probably one of the best tv shows ever, if you ask me :D

• Like 2

Well, the day is done, so the story of April the Foal comes to a close. Despite my most sincere assurances and most unquestionable proof, some of you disbelievers decided to remain skeptical. It's your right, of course. After all, nobody has ever seen a rare horse, so why would one show up now? Let me remind you, then, that no one has seen a yeti either and yet we all know they exist!

But fair is fair. Thanks for participating in this crazy story :) One thing was true, though. I honestly never touched up that screenshot. In fact, I didn't even take it. The screenshot was provided by none other than our own Wox. Yes, Wurm's chief artist was with me on this and was kind enough to have April the Foal come to life. As every artist, he put little personal touches on the screenshot and some of you have already seen the very visible rune on the horse's shoulder. That was added. One of you noticed Wox's name on the fence. In addition to those, there is also a tiny happy face on the horse and a watermark of a troll's face in the sky. And as such, our story comes to a close.

However!

While Wox added the above personal touches to the screenshot, this IS a real screenshot. It was taken by him on the test server and what you see in the picture - an image of two horses, one rare and one normal - was actually there when he took it. That part was not photoshoped. Neither was the rare glow on the foal.

So, what does this mean? Well, I think it raises a very interesting possibility. Whether I actually had a rare foal or not, it shows that a rare foal IS possible. Perhaps it's just a visual trick. Perhaps it's waiting to be added to the game. Perhaps it's already in Wurm, but no one has managed to produce one yet. But perhaps one day, when you least expect it, you will open the gate to your horse pen after breeding some animals and there, waiting for you in its glimmering splendor will be your very own, REAL April the Foal...

Peace.

Edited by Valdor
  • Like 3